Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:29:50 am

Author Topic: Food Studies getting 40+?  (Read 6140 times)  Share 

Jasminevs

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Food Studies getting 40+?
« on: September 04, 2017, 07:01:12 pm »
I'm a year 11 student and was wondering how hard it would be to achieve a 40+ plus with the new food studies design. I know it is a new subject this year but I would just like an idea of how much effort I should put in. I initially thought I would switch to HHD next year but I heard from my teacher(who teaches both subjects) that they are now quite similar so without really trying I've achieved scores in the high 80s-low 90s. If I achieve these grades next year will I be able to achieve this study score. Thank you :)!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:10:42 pm by Jasminevs »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Food Studies getting 40+?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:52:16 pm »
+1
I haven't done food studies, but a 40+ study score means that your scores is in the top 8%(roughly)  of the state. By no means would I encourage anyone in any subject to extrapolate their year 11 marks to figure out future study scores.   I would recommend talking to your teachers about your goals, as they know you best, and no year 11 assessments are standardised across schools.  If you want to do well in VCE putting in effort across the year is important for every subject. Best of luck with your goals! :)