Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:09:36 am

Author Topic: Edrolo vs Actual Exam  (Read 3085 times)  Share 

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
Edrolo vs Actual Exam
« on: February 25, 2022, 11:11:04 am »
+1
Hey guys,

I've been talking to last year's graduates and they said that the exam covered stuff that isn't in Edrolo and all the questions are vastly different styles and ideas than what Edrolo prescribes. Does anyone know any additional resources that I can use in order to best maximise my chances on the end of year exam?
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Edrolo vs Actual Exam
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 06:12:48 pm »
+1
This is how I see it:
Edrolo-Will show you the underlying theory/conceptual so that you understand what it being discussed, and will provide very basic questions. To be supplemented with teachers explanations as it is too basic.
Textbook-Cambridge math for example, will build the basic skills and methods needed to solve various problems related to the topic, not at the required difficulty and more for building a foundation, although there are a few good questions in them.
The main recourses will be things like checkpoints, vcaa exams, past sacs maybe, trial exams etc that really test you on both the theory and application and are presented in the exam style. Using them for practice will be best.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

SnekiSnek

• Trendsetter
  • Knowledge gremlin - coming for your neurons
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 05:22:57 pm »
The main recourses will be things like checkpoints, vcaa exams, past sacs maybe, trial exams etc that really test you on both the theory and application and are presented in the exam style. Using them for practice will be best.

Thank you so much! Our teachers (basically in all my subjects) only use edrolo so I'll be looking at vcaa for some better practice
Literature, Methods, Further, Chemistry, Legal Studies, Psychology, Classical Studies, Physics

RaspberryTau

• Trailblazer
  • "I'm just trying to get myself some gravity";
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:38 pm »
+1
There's often two edrolo programs. There's the textbook & videos, and there's just the videos.  I find if your school has purchased the textbook, the videos cover more of the study design... (I could be wrong, but I think this is how it works)

They won't show & explain everything in the videos.... but should go over it all in the physical textbook. Write your notes from this....

If you use the on-line questions, they give video responses which is awesome... and the questions tend to be more similar to the Exam (which is awesome).

Hope this helps!  :)
VCE 2021: Methods (42 raw), Biology (46 raw); 2022: Chemistry, English, Spec, Physics