Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:54:00 pm

Author Topic: Question regarding changeover justifications  (Read 1146 times)  Share 

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Question regarding changeover justifications
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:39:56 pm »
If a question asks to recommend the most appropriate changeover method and you choose another answer besides the correct response, but your recommendation was justified sufficiently with support from the scenario given, will you obtain full marks? Or just some of the marks?

Example: In the 2006 VCAA Information Processing and Management Exam, question 12 provides a scenario and asks to recommend and justify a method of changing over to the new system. The correct response is Parallel Changeover. If another method was chosen other than parallel, (and phase because the VCAA assessment report specifically states that it does not relate to scenario), would that response obtain full marks if justified effectively? Or just a part of the marks even though it was justified?

cara.mel

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:51:01 pm »
Questions 8 and 9 refer to the website shown below. and then a screenshot of vcaa. that's great xD

The actual question: I'm assuming if you could justify it properly it would be alright (as long as it's a sensible option). for that one, I think you could justify something like pilot and it would be alright (if it was in one cinema in the chain or something).
All I really remember is that I often chose a different one to what was expected, except for the vcaa exams xD The assessment reports are never clear about what 100% is acceptable.

I can't say yes/no though. Only an 'I think'. I never asked last year =/ (even though I did IS, a lot of parts overlap) I also remember most of the time I ended up choosing parallel for everything xD

principe

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:12:53 pm »
Quote from: "cara.mel"
Questions 8 and 9 refer to the website shown below. and then a screenshot of vcaa. that's great xD

The actual question: I'm assuming if you could justify it properly it would be alright (as long as it's a sensible option). for that one, I think you could justify something like pilot and it would be alright (if it was in one cinema in the chain or something).
All I really remember is that I often chose a different one to what was expected, except for the vcaa exams xD The assessment reports are never clear about what 100% is acceptable.

I can't say yes/no though. Only an 'I think'. I never asked last year =/ (even though I did IS, a lot of parts overlap) I also remember most of the time I ended up choosing parallel for everything xD

Okay thanks  :D