Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 03:59:22 am

Author Topic: Studies of Society and Environment  (Read 2461 times)  Share 

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
Studies of Society and Environment
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:52 pm »
This group's name needs to be replaced with Business Studies:

See this: http://vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/klas.html#H2N400392

"SOSE" is an insult to this group of subjects.

History doesn't belong in that group. Put the 1-subject-per-group subjects (including IT) into a group called "Other VCE subjects" (rename the current group called "VCE Subjects").
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:47:33 pm by coblin »

joshuamorgan

Re: Studies of Society and Environment
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:39:50 pm »
It was like that initially when I set it all up, we had two categories: Business Studies and Humanities. enwiabe however wanted the two categories lumped together. I prefer the original way (two categories per the VCAA page).

joshuamorgan

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:07:26 pm »
As for your other suggestion, I'll consider it and might implement it.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 06:18:21 am »
I don't particularly want to have thousands of categories running around. Studies of Society and Environment is all encompassing. History? Society and environment. Economics? Society and environment. Legal studies? HOLY CRAP BATMAN, SOCIETY AND ENVIRONMENT!! What a category... centimetre perfect. :) (see if you can pick the reference)

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:46:12 am »
It's a shit group of subjects. SOSE is considered a joke in teaching curricula nowadays. It's better to put History in the Other VCE subjects category as proposed so we don't have millions of groups.

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARIES WOO~!
(BTW, I love that Obama is reported with a significant lead over Hilary in the polls - it means less Independents aligned to the anti-war vote will feel the need to sway the vote towards Obama, and possibly more Ron Paul votes)

joshuamorgan

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 10:47:16 am »
To please us three, I'll implement coblin's suggestions - it reduces the number of categories, whilst renaming Society and Environment' to 'Business Studies' per the KLA page.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:16 am »
Thanks for that! I really think the KLA page is the bible in regards to organising the subjects and groups on our forum. It comes from VCAA, so it is directly relevant to this forum.

We ought to establish an objective standard that can justify the creation of new boards for new subjects. Some of them probably should be deleted too (like "Theatre Studies/Drama" and "Hebrew" - at least remove "Drama" from it, there is no Drama discussion).

joshuamorgan

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 08:21:37 am »
We ought to establish an objective standard that can justify the creation of new boards for new subjects. Some of them probably should be deleted too (like "Theatre Studies/Drama" and "Hebrew" - at least remove "Drama" from it, there is no Drama discussion).

This is a tough one. Prior to the creation of the Employment and Careers forum there would of been ~2 relevant threads. Now there are 8 threads, with 104 posts. We could establish some sort of objective standard (or as I see it, criteria) to justify creating forums, for example: a minimum 10 threads on that given topic before a forum is created.

joshuamorgan

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:11:02 am »
Theatre Studies/Drama could be removed completely - there is 1 relevant thread that could be moved to 'Other VCE Subjects' and another that is off-topic but could be moved to a General Discussion forum.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 11:03:24 am »
if anyone removes Hebrew, I will kill them. Personally.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 03:59:03 pm »
See this: http://vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/klas.html#H2N400392

Hmm, this is off topic but I just noticed that even though I'm by all means a 'humanities' student, none of the subjects I did actually classify as 'humanities'.