Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 12:08:05 pm

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 436070 times)  Share 

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2017, 03:23:28 pm »
I'm super stressed for numerical reasoning, there isn't much you can do to study for it i guess which is why I'm freaking out so bad ahah i just realised how bad i am at it ;-;

You should be fine if you're good at going through problem solving questions quickly and decently accurately xD
I'm mostly worried about science, although worried about everything still haha

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2017, 03:45:01 pm »
You should be fine if you're good at going through problem solving questions quickly and decently accurately xD
I'm mostly worried about science, although worried about everything still haha

ahaha numerical last year at the mhs macrob exam was a total wtf lol. all number patterns and crazy long worded questions. i guessed 3/4 of the questions and got above average, so thats kinda comforting i guess??
im worried about everything. especially the science essays ahhhh dont get me started  :'(
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »
ahaha numerical last year at the mhs macrob exam was a total wtf lol. all number patterns and crazy long worded questions. i guessed 3/4 of the questions and got above average, so thats kinda comforting i guess??
im worried about everything. especially the science essays ahhhh dont get me started  :'(
oh dear goodness that is worrying ahHAHA
My friend went for the jmss test last year and got in, she said it was mostly just the stuff that you learn in school so that's rather reassuring I suppose ><
She said she found the writing relatively easy, but that's probably because she's actually good at english ahh

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2017, 04:36:23 pm »
oh dear goodness that is worrying ahHAHA
My friend went for the jmss test last year and got in, she said it was mostly just the stuff that you learn in school so that's rather reassuring I suppose ><
She said she found the writing relatively easy, but that's probably because she's actually good at english ahh

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
guys remember that it's not how well you do, but how well everyone else does (does that make anyone feel better??????) i really hope we all get in, that would be so cool!!
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2017, 04:38:55 pm »
Is this exam for year 10 or year 11 entry into next year?

Brimz

• Adventurer
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »
year 10

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2017, 05:07:21 pm »
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
guys remember that it's not how well you do, but how well everyone else does (does that make anyone feel better??????) i really hope we all get in, that would be so cool!!
honestly i think im worried about all of the tests tbh lmao
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2017, 05:10:09 pm »
year 10

So you're in year 9 this year?

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »
+2
What I'm about to say is probably going to sound incredibly corny and useless, but oh well.

Don't panic. Do the best that you can and whatever happens, happens. If you genuinely love science and maths, you'll be fine.

I mean, the fact that you guys actually want to apply to this school and are involved in this forum shows that you are probably capable of doing well on this exam.

We all have our own stories of why we want to leave school to go to JMSS. So, hopefully things work out.
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

sZera

• Trailblazer
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2017, 08:34:34 pm »
If you guys did the selective high school test in year 8, I can assure that the JMSS test is much easier than that. I did so bad in the macrob/nossal/etc test yet I did pretty well in the JMSS one.  Selective exams are designed so that you don't have to study for it, instead, tests your logical thinking (maybe except for maths). You can try the practise ICAS exams for practice to see what the stuff are like. Anyways if you're reading this good luck :) Hope to see some of you guys next year.  :)
2018 | :(
2019 | :'(

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2017, 09:23:11 pm »
If you guys did the selective high school test in year 8, I can assure that the JMSS test is much easier than that. I did so bad in the macrob/nossal/etc test yet I did pretty well in the JMSS one.  Selective exams are designed so that you don't have to study for it, instead, tests your logical thinking (maybe except for maths). You can try the practise ICAS exams for practice to see what the stuff are like. Anyways if you're reading this good luck :) Hope to see some of you guys next year.  :)

Ah, thank you so much, this is rather extremely reassuring xD

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2017, 07:21:38 am »

OHH omg really, this makes me feel a lot better haha!!
do you guys think the writing essays would be anything like - explain the nervous system/plant anatomy/circulatory system or something that requires diagrams??
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2017, 04:39:19 pm »
To any JMSS student,
I am planning to visit JMSS one day when I have a day off. Do you think the school will let some kid from another school walk around? I wanted to experience the learning environment and get to know JMSS a little better.

Thanks.

amorphous

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2017, 05:11:37 pm »
+1
To any JMSS student,
I am planning to visit JMSS one day when I have a day off. Do you think the school will let some kid from another school walk around? I wanted to experience the learning environment and get to know JMSS a little better.

Thanks.

I would suggest booking a tour beforehand, just to be safe. :) You can find more information about it here: http://jmss.snapdev.com.au/jmss/15584/school-tours/?frm_id=158

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »
I would suggest booking a tour beforehand, just to be safe. :) You can find more information about it here: http://jmss.snapdev.com.au/jmss/15584/school-tours/?frm_id=158

Yeah, I signed up for this quite a while ago, but the tour list was full T-T.
So, I didn't receive a tour and it's pretty much too late ahah