Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 11:51:09 am

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 436068 times)  Share 

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #1590 on: August 29, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »
+1
Wow, don't feel down. But always prepare for the worst, so if you get the best outcome you'll be even happier.

Yeah. Anyway, good luck with your result guys!

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1591 on: August 29, 2017, 09:47:49 pm »
+1
So my school apparently has 194 students according to the year book including the people that was away for photo day. 3 percent of that is 5.82 do you think john monash will take 6 people from the school? Becaus there might be enrolled students who left for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure they will take 6
But do you mean 200 for your year level or your entire school?

Kaize

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #1592 on: August 29, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »
+1
I'm pretty sure they will take 6
But do you mean 200 for your year level or your entire school?

200?! Tha's not enough student for an entire school, is it? Probably just a year level.
Never reject an idea, dream or goal simply because it will be hard work. Success rarely comes without it.

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #1593 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:01 pm »
+1
200?! Tha's not enough student for an entire school, is it? Probably just a year level.
yeah 200 for a whole school is really small. My year level has 200 kids haha

good luck to everyone for next week, you all have worked so hard to get here and every single one of you deserves a spot because of your determination and passion for science. No matter what happens, don't let the results deter you from achieving your dreams and ambitions. :)
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

WhompingWillow

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #1594 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:18 pm »
+1
Offers will probably come earlier than Sep 9 because last year that was also the date, but they received theirs on Sep 5.

Chinese SL   Methods

English  Economics Spesh  Physics

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1595 on: August 29, 2017, 10:15:56 pm »
+1
yeah 200 for a whole school is really small. My year level has 200 kids haha

good luck to everyone for next week, you all have worked so hard to get here and every single one of you deserves a spot because of your determination and passion for science. No matter what happens, don't let the results deter you from achieving your dreams and ambitions. :)

Wow, not so convincing when it is said by the kid who's definitely going to get in.
Never reject an idea, dream or goal simply because it will be hard work. Success rarely comes without it.

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1596 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:50 pm »
+1
Wow, not so convincing when it is said by the kid who's definitely going to get in.
hahha nahh I'm basically talking to myself cause I don't want to lose motivation for the two subjects I love so much because I don't get in. Kaize, you strike me as a very intelligent and passionate person, jmss would be very lucky to have you! I guess there's nothing left to do now but wait ;-;
2019 -Biology

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1597 on: August 29, 2017, 10:35:14 pm »
+5
Like guys, no matter what the outcomes are going to be like, your passion's going to lead you very far already. Like seriously, I'm feeling abnormally calm right now, because I enjoyed the journey and I'm so glad to be a member of this community. Allow me to ask this question, how many people didn't pass the interview? Because when I flicked through this topic, I only saw a few, and they all joined us after the exam, right around the time when the outcome released.

Always be proud of yourself.

I still remember my friend's brother, who rejected Melbourne High and stayed at his school, yet still scored a 99.95 for his atar.

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.

If we pass the interview, marvellous,  but if we don't, doesn't matter because no one can steal the knowledge nor the experiences away from us. I nearly drowned myself about a week ago, and now I take everything as a blessing because you might lose all of them in an accident. I still remember one of my mom's patient once said"The only difference between you and me is that I know when I will die, but you don't. Even though I've got cancer, but you might be the one that gets rolled over by a car and die the next minutes. "

All I'm trying to say is that stay optimistic and positive, then f**k tomorrow, because we can't predict the future but we can live the moment, and that's exactly why you call now present.

Stay strong and be proud of yourself.

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
« Reply #1598 on: August 29, 2017, 10:40:08 pm »
All I'm trying to say is that stay optimistic and positive, then f**k tomorrow, because we can't predict the future but we can live the moment, and that's exactly why you call now present.
That was fire.

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1599 on: August 29, 2017, 10:43:07 pm »
+2
Like guys, no matter what the outcomes are going to be like, your passion's going to lead you very far already. Like seriously, I'm feeling abnormally calm right now, because I enjoyed the journey and I'm so glad to be a member of this community. Allow me to ask this question, how many people didn't pass the interview? Because when I flicked through this topic, I only saw a few, and they all joined us after the exam, right around the time when the outcome released.

Always be proud of yourself.

I still remember my friend's brother, who rejected Melbourne High and stayed at his school, yet still scored a 99.95 for his atar.

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.

If we pass the interview, marvellous,  but if we don't, doesn't matter because no one can steal the knowledge nor the experiences away from us. I nearly drowned myself about a week ago, and now I take everything as a blessing because you might lose all of them in an accident. I still remember one of my mom's patient once said"The only difference between you and me is that I know when I will die, but you don't. Even though I've got cancer, but you might be the one that gets rolled over by a car and die the next minutes. "

Stay strong and be proud of yourself.
Thank you for this!! I'm really glad that you've realised that everything can be taken a blessing. I can almost relate though. Honestly I used to (and still do) have very little self worth, almost to the point where I would hate myself. But ever since my dad was taken to hospital and etc, I've realised how precious and delicate life is. I don't want anyone's sympathy but I'm just saying how it's funny that something like that can completely change your perspective and outlook on life. Thank you again for your kind words Kaize, and to every one else on the AN community :) I appreciate it.
2019 -Biology

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #1600 on: August 29, 2017, 10:45:45 pm »
+1
Aw man, you guys are so precious ahah

It's amazing to see how anxious we've all been prior to the entry test and interviews. Yet we were able to stay strong throughout the whole thing by talking to each other and posting reassuring messages. It's been a fun journey guys.
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1601 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:52 pm »
+1

It's amazing to see how anxious we've all been prior to the entry test and interviews. Yet we were able to stay strong throughout the whole thing by talking to each other and posting reassuring messages. It's been a fun journey guys.

Indeed. Excellent observation and analysis skills right there(Exactly what JMSS's after)

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1602 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »
+1

a fun journey indeed :) I'm so glad I've found a space where I can rant and talk about my worries ahah I wish I could reach through the screens and give you all a big hug xD
2019 -Biology

Kaize

• Trendsetter
« Reply #1603 on: August 29, 2017, 10:52:08 pm »
a fun journey indeed :) I'm so glad I've found a space where I can rant and talk about my worries ahah I wish I could reach through the screens and give you all a big hug xD

Sorry Bro, but I'm straight. So no hugs.

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1604 on: August 29, 2017, 10:53:43 pm »
+1
Sorry Bro, but I'm straight. So no hugs.
diD yOu jUsT aSSumE mY gEndEr?? hahha jks, hugs can be friendly !! **virtually hugs everyone on AN
2019 -Biology