Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 17, 2024, 09:42:22 am

Author Topic: MIND BRAIN AND BEHAVIOUR 2  (Read 12489 times)  Share 

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +376
Re: MIND BRAIN AND BEHAVIOUR 2
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 06:01:30 am »
I AM AT 2660/2200 HALP ME I NEED TO GET IT DOWN NOW oh god, I am so tired.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 07:00:16 am »
Kay I am done.  2300/2200 words and it's not electronically submitted.  Good enough.
Now to collapse into bed.

laynie

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 09:30:18 am »
getting closer :O

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:53 am »
Kay I am done.  2300/2200 words and it's not electronically submitted.  Good enough.
Now to collapse into bed.

I feel ur pain, congratz though

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 06:19:15 pm »
Which topic did you do?  I pulled an all nighter, got to uni at 8:30, went to 7-11 next to KFC and bought two cans of Mother.  I only had class from 9-10 and 11-1 so I could do it in the afternoon.  I finished at around 3:45.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 01:20:00 am »
Was it because it was conveniently 7/11 dollar day and therefore the price of Mother was seriously reduced?
I can't drink it because I am allergic to guarana.

I did topic one but I don't know how explicitly they wanted us to 'answer the question' so I went on the whole 'need to belong and social stuff needed for man to function normally' kind of string, and then did like, the social/looking glass self stuff for point 1, there being physical and mental psychological mechanisms that encourage belonging for point 2, and then for point 3 just like, the negative outcomes when people fail to belong.  Then counterargument was using the dismissive avoidant study.

Pretty standard essay, BUT AFTER DOING FIVE BEFORE THIS ONE, ALL IN THE SAME WEEK, I was about ready to die and not care anymore.

Which did you do?

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »
Was it because it was conveniently 7/11 dollar day and therefore the price of Mother was seriously reduced?
I can't drink it because I am allergic to guarana.

I did topic one but I don't know how explicitly they wanted us to 'answer the question' so I went on the whole 'need to belong and social stuff needed for man to function normally' kind of string, and then did like, the social/looking glass self stuff for point 1, there being physical and mental psychological mechanisms that encourage belonging for point 2, and then for point 3 just like, the negative outcomes when people fail to belong.  Then counterargument was using the dismissive avoidant study.

Pretty standard essay, BUT AFTER DOING FIVE BEFORE THIS ONE, ALL IN THE SAME WEEK, I was about ready to die and not care anymore.

Which did you do?

Actually I realised it was 7-11 day after I had bought the cans of Mother - had I known earlier, I would have stocked up my inventories...  But I didn't have time to go back to 7-11 considering I was pretty much in my lecture theatre in the Redmond Barry when I realised.

I did topic 1 as well but I have a feeling I screwed it up badly.  After all, it's not very intelligent for a science student to cram an essay, let alone a 2000 word essay when the most I've ever had to write was a 1250 word essay so far.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 10:55:43 pm »
I am jealous of that small word count.  What did you write about?
Yeah don't worry about it - last time I didn't even know what I was doing and I got a H1 (I thought I was going to get a P) and I think it was probably just because half of everyone is a science student and didn't know how to write an academic essay properly...I think everyone will do poorly and therefore, when they scale it, we will be alright.
I HOPE.
I HOOOPPPPEEEE.

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 11:07:25 pm »
Don't worry - they go easy on you in first year Psych. Almost everyone got a H1 last year, except for a few people in the class that thought the topic was a reflective piece like the sunset essay, haha.

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
I am jealous of that small word count.  What did you write about?
Yeah don't worry about it - last time I didn't even know what I was doing and I got a H1 (I thought I was going to get a P) and I think it was probably just because half of everyone is a science student and didn't know how to write an academic essay properly...I think everyone will do poorly and therefore, when they scale it, we will be alright.
I HOPE.
I HOOOPPPPEEEE.

I wrote about some macroeconomics.  :D

I don't know about "...half of everyone is a science student..."  There seems to be quite a lot arts students in psych. 

Don't worry - they go easy on you in first year Psych. Almost everyone got a H1 last year, except for a few people in the class that thought the topic was a reflective piece like the sunset essay, haha.

I can only hope.  I can only hope to continue my H1 essay-streak for psych this semester.

But this really depends on the tutor though...  My tutor seems so serious about the essay.

zhenzhenzhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Not part of the furniture
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »
(epic bump)

is your tutor David?? lol
2010 - 2013: Bachelor of Software Engineering - Monash (completed w/ alternative exit to B. Comp Sci)
2014 - 2016: Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »
(epic bump)

is your tutor David?? lol

No.  His initials are E.W.

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »
Yeah my tutor is really serious about the essay.  And mine is female.
She was like 'I hope you are all starting now' FIVE WEEKS before it was due.
Because I have time, yes.

Okay well, yes, there are probably more Arts students than Science students.  But there are a lot of slack Arts students.

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 12:12:33 am »
Okay sorry to rebump this thread, but I thought it would be faster to ask here than email my tutor - are the questions Yoshi has uploaded those from which the exam qs will be selected?
So, like what Simon did in MBB1 with Sensation and Perception - put up double the questions and only use half but they're relatively untouched?

Or are the ones Yoshi has up just revision questions?

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2010, 03:31:17 pm »
No, those questions are Yoshi's questions except 10 times better than Simon's because Yoshi has given us the answers as well.  :D