Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 11:47:42 pm

Author Topic: VCE Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 605976 times)  Share 

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: VCE Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #1905 on: August 21, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »
Not enough. But you've been a bit wordy with the content you have included, so it looks longer. You haven't said that it's residual powers only; that one or more states can do it; that the powers are able to be used as though they were concurrent; but that the laws only apply in the state or states that referred the power.

Judge it on about 1-1.5 mins per mark for questions below 6 marks, and 1.5-2 mins for questions 6 marks and above. Make up time on the really straightforward definition/answer ones where you can. You need to know how much you can write in the time (I can comfortably write 3-6 lines per mark depending on the question).

Ok then, thank-you.  :)

BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

Dem16

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1906 on: August 23, 2016, 06:13:27 am »
How does the feature of standard and burden of proof contribute to the accessibility of the adversary system?

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #1907 on: August 26, 2016, 11:46:40 am »
Heyyy.

So this is gonna sound like a bit of a dumb question but...

How many lines of writing should we have per mark?

Like if it's a 2 marker, should that be 2 lines of writing ideally and a 4 marker = 4 lines of writing or...?

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #1908 on: August 28, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »
Hey guys,

How many 'problems and difficulties faced by individuals using the legal system' should I be learning?

Thank-you

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #1909 on: September 16, 2016, 05:22:34 pm »
Would anyone know if VCAT holds pre-hearing procedures?

Thanks   :)

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #1910 on: September 16, 2016, 06:30:53 pm »
+1
can we make up articles from SMH, because that's what I did in my trials but not sure if they realised

Hi Emilee,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but this is the Legal Studies Thread for VCE. From the sound of your post it appears that you may be referring to HSC Legal Studies. If so, there is another Legal Studies Thread for HSC, which is very extensive and is likely to cover most of your questions!  :)

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #1911 on: September 20, 2016, 10:29:55 pm »
How does the feature of standard and burden of proof contribute to the accessibility of the adversary system?

I don't think it super does...
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #1912 on: September 20, 2016, 10:31:43 pm »
Heyyy.

So this is gonna sound like a bit of a dumb question but...

How many lines of writing should we have per mark?

Like if it's a 2 marker, should that be 2 lines of writing ideally and a 4 marker = 4 lines of writing or...?

Some very straightforward answer/definition questions will be fewer than this, but, generally, 3-6 lines per mark.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #1913 on: September 20, 2016, 10:32:30 pm »
Would anyone know if VCAT holds pre-hearing procedures?

Thanks   :)

Some - eg mediation. Depends on the list and the claim.
Good luck!

serenagepp

• Fresh Poster
  • School: SCSC
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #1914 on: September 21, 2016, 08:24:38 pm »
HELP! :) I have no idea where to post this. But I was going over Chapter 1 which is part of AOS 1 and had a look at the key knowledge listed in the study design. In chapter 1 there is definitions for non legal rules and legal rules, however those aren't listed in the study design under key knowledge. So my question is, if it isn't listed in key knowledge I cannot be asked a direct question on the definition of either of these?
I am worried if I don't study absolutely everything back to front, a concept from outside the key knowledge area will be put somewhere in the exam and I won't be able to address it properly!
If someone could clarify this for me that would be great and save a lot of stress and time!  :D

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #1915 on: September 21, 2016, 08:33:30 pm »
+2
HELP! :) I have no idea where to post this. But I was going over Chapter 1 which is part of AOS 1 and had a look at the key knowledge listed in the study design. In chapter 1 there is definitions for non legal rules and legal rules, however those aren't listed in the study design under key knowledge. So my question is, if it isn't listed in key knowledge I cannot be asked a direct question on the definition of either of these?
I am worried if I don't study absolutely everything back to front, a concept from outside the key knowledge area will be put somewhere in the exam and I won't be able to address it properly!
If someone could clarify this for me that would be great and save a lot of stress and time!  :D

If there is a question directly asking what 'non-legal' and 'legal' rules are, I'll sacrifice my firstborn child.

You're safe :)
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #1916 on: September 22, 2016, 04:26:46 pm »
Hi all,

After looking at this 2 marker from last years paper, which asked for one purpose of remand, I am really unsure as to how I can expand on the first point given in the examiners report.

Could someone please help me out?

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #1917 on: September 22, 2016, 04:56:21 pm »
+2
Hi all,

After looking at this 2 marker from last years paper, which asked for one purpose of remand, I am really unsure as to how I can expand on the first point given in the examiners report.

Could someone please help me out?

To expand on that point, I'd probably elaborate on how remand protects the community. I.e. - I'd explain that since remand results in the accused being physically separated and 'moved out' of society, this literally and physically prevents them from being able to inflict bodily harm on members of the public.
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #1918 on: September 23, 2016, 10:24:26 am »
To expand on that point, I'd probably elaborate on how remand protects the community. I.e. - I'd explain that since remand results in the accused being physically separated and 'moved out' of society, this literally and physically prevents them from being able to inflict bodily harm on members of the public.

Thanks for that Glasses.   :)

In terms of cases involving the interpretation of the Commonwealth Constitution, how is everyone dealing with the facts of the case? I understand that the significance or the impact is the part which is important, however I feel that I must use at least 2-3 sentences to establish the facts so that I can discuss the significance/impact.

jacquic

• Adventurer
« Reply #1919 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:54 am »
can someone pls help me with this question???
Evaluate to the extent to which civil pre-trial procedures contribute to the effect operation of the legal system. (4 marks)