Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 11:42:48 pm

Author Topic: MMI WORKSHOPS 2018-2019  (Read 422 times)  Share 

NRL97

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
MMI WORKSHOPS 2018-2019
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:15 am »
Hi everyone,

My name's Nushrat and I've just wrapped up my third year of studying Medicine at Monash University. I graduated from the MacRobertson Girls' High School in 2015 with an ATAR of 99.35 and a UMAT score in the 97th percentile, and having been tutoring both VCE English as well as the UMAT for the last few years. I also run yearly MMI workshops throughout November-January for future medical hopefuls! Often the interview is overlooked as one of the 'easier' hurdles in comparison to one's academic scores when pursuing medicine, when in fact, it is one of the most crucial components for universities to consider when deliberating their future students. It is therefore necessary to be well equipped, whilst maintaining a balance that allows your natural self and organic thought processes to shine through.

My workshops generally consist of two hour sessions during which we cover a variety of scenarios that are likely to pop up in the interviews. They involve problems surrounding ethical issues, human interactions as well as your basic sense of logic and rational thinking. I tend to treat it like the real interviews, and so I offer my students 2 minutes of reading time with 8 minutes of speaking time, after which I give them feedback and suggest an alternative approach if necessary.

Students can sign up for as many workshops as they'd like in the upcoming weeks before their interview, although I recommend a maximum of 2-3, which is more than enough preparation. I charge $50 per hour for one-on-one tuition, which reduces to $40 for a pair and $35 for groups of 3 or more. I currently tutor at my home in Keysborough or Clayton Public Library (whichever is more convenient for you), and should be able to accommodate most days over the summer holiday period after December 15. Feel free to message me or call 0468599816 for more details/if you have any questions, or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Cheers!