Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 11:05:34 pm

Author Topic: JMSS Entry For 2018  (Read 435472 times)  Share 

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
Re: JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2017, 08:48:06 pm »
you guys can ask me questions too, I'm online very often.

it does to an extent, but if you can explain why you did bad and how you will improve from that then it could even be advantageous. I almost failed science in year 8 and got significantly higher in year 9.

ive always had As for science on my report, but my teacher doesnt mark like that, and I've had Bs the last few times. will this be a big deal?
2020 VCE
English [raw 50 + 60/60 exam score]
Literature [48]

Offering 2021 English and Literature tutoring + resources!

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:06 pm »
you guys can ask me questions too, I'm online very often.

it does to an extent, but if you can explain why you did bad and how you will improve from that then it could even be advantageous. I almost failed science in year 8 and got significantly higher in year 9.

Ah okay, thank you!!
My science just downgraded from an A to a B recently >< Hopefully I can pull it back up to a B+ ahh

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2017, 09:23:03 pm »
ughh I'm super stressed out. Our teachers gave us the dates for our essays and exams this term this week and turns out my history essay, English exam and end of term maths test is all on the same week as the jm exam ;-; rip also, my school recently changed their grading system. Last year in some classes c or a c+ or occasionally a B (if you were really good) was basically the highest you could get in English. I remember my teacher from year 8 saying that she didn't give out A's because that would mean we were at year 10 standard. This year though, it's much easier to get A's in all subjects and I've been getting A+ on all my history assessments and maths tests and mostly in English too. I was wondering if this is the case for all schools? because if they look at my report I'll feel like I'm idk cheating the system because now I feel like it's easier to get an A+.
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

Shadestache

• Forum Obsessive
  • Call me Shades
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2017, 09:27:57 pm »
ughh I'm super stressed out. Our teachers gave us the dates for our essays and exams this term this week and turns out my history essay, English exam and end of term maths test is all on the same week as the jm exam ;-; rip also, my school recently changed their grading system. Last year in some classes c or a c+ or occasionally a B (if you were really good) was basically the highest you could get in English. I remember my teacher from year 8 saying that she didn't give out A's because that would mean we were at year 10 standard. This year though, it's much easier to get A's in all subjects and I've been getting A+ on all my history assessments and maths tests and mostly in English too. I was wondering if this is the case for all schools? because if they look at my report I'll feel like I'm idk cheating the system because now I feel like it's easier to get an A+.

My school's crap (no offence) and I don't think our grading system is the same with other schools. We basically only just get 1 semester report and that's pretty much it - that is the only thing that decides our grades TT-TT

How does it work with your school? Do you just give assignments and receive grades on all of them?
TT-TT godddd I haven't receive like ANY grades from ANY assignments ;-;
When faced with a problem, you either find a way or an excuse.

emonerd

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »
My school's crap (no offence) and I don't think our grading system is the same with other schools. We basically only just get 1 semester report and that's pretty much it - that is the only thing that decides our grades TT-TT

How does it work with your school? Do you just give assignments and receive grades on all of them?
TT-TT godddd I haven't receive like ANY grades from ANY assignments ;-;
we usually get the grade of our tests on our report. In science it's all or most of our Prac reports (which I keep getting B and B+ in -_-) and our tests and in English it's usually the CATS we do and oral presentations :)
2019 -Biology
2020- Chem, Methods, Spec, English and Literature

Blueivy_2000

• Adventurer
JMSS Entry For 2018
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »
@Blueivy_2000
Sorry for bothering ;; But I'm curious, when they look at your report card, does it matter if you have like, C+ for english or something?

Honestly, C+ is fine you guys! As long as you give the test and interview your best shot and show them all your extra-curricular I believe your reports won't make all that difference. From memory, I got 2 C's last year and a few B's too. You'll be perfectly fine!

Don't stress, if you have any questions let me know I'm open to all of them ahaha
You don't bother me hun!! All the best and don't stress :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:25:49 pm by Blueivy_2000 »

Brimz

• Adventurer
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2017, 05:52:13 pm »
Oh god. I go to stupid school with some of the smartest kids in Australia. How the hell do I explain how I get B to +c to them. EHH. The only thinks I am good at are science math a and bit of art. R.I.P. BTW, does the school you go to matter in the interview or entry?

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:53 pm »
Oh god. I go to stupid school with some of the smartest kids in Australia. How the hell do I explain how I get B to +c to them. EHH. The only thinks I am good at are science math a and bit of art. R.I.P. BTW, does the school you go to matter in the interview or entry?

i hope not. my school's state ranking is in 300th-something.

do you think we'll have to know about balancing chemical equations in the test?? bc frankly i suck at those. (thank god for khan academy)
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

Brimz

• Adventurer
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »
Ehh. Do we need to know about balancing chemical equations?

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
also should i be memorising common chemical formulas and compounds????

(slowly dying in chemistry)
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

Brimz

• Adventurer
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2017, 07:25:26 pm »
Well, in the little time that I have had to studied chemistry. I have just memorised them because how often I have used them. I would remember things like glucose, water and air and just general stuff like that. Well, that is at least what I have done. :)

Mewfle

• Forum Regular
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:20 pm »
Honestly, C+ is fine you guys! As long as you give the test and interview your best shot and show them all your extra-curricular I believe your reports won't make all that difference. From memory, I got 2 C's last year and a few B's too. You'll be perfectly fine!

Don't stress, if you have any questions let me know I'm open to all of them ahaha
You don't bother me hun!! All the best and don't stress :)

Ohh thank you so much!! Extra curric...oh dear... I don't do any, that might be a problem (There's really nothing in my school apart from a few choirs and like, 3 sports teams? Yikes) >< My parents are way too protective to let me do anything out of school either too ><

sZera

• Trailblazer
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:10 pm »

Ohh thank you so much!! Extra curric...oh dear... I don't do any, that might be a problem (There's really nothing in my school apart from a few choirs and like, 3 sports teams? Yikes) >< My parents are way too protective to let me do anything out of school either too ><

I have friends that did like no extra curricular activities and got in. As long as you present yourself well, and do good on the activities prior to the interview I think you'll be fine. PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!
2018 | :(
2019 | :'(

quinn_03

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2017, 09:13:01 pm »

ya, i dont do any volunteering or anything (conservative asian parents who won't let you out of the house you know)
and i dont do sport or music or any of that (see above)
so hopefully i can get in with purely academics!
2020 VCE
Literature [48]

Blueivy_2000

• Adventurer
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2017, 09:44:43 pm »

ya, i dont do any volunteering or anything (conservative asian parents who won't let you out of the house you know)
and i dont do sport or music or any of that (see above)
so hopefully i can get in with purely academics!

I remember that was exactly me! I sat in the interview and the first thing my interviewer says "you don't have any co-curricular" and I awkwardly say "Yehhhh" ahahaha.