Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:06:14 pm

Author Topic: RESULTS DAY (Mega Thread)  (Read 30502 times)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
Re: RESULTS DAY (Mega Thread)
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »
97.80! Exactly what the atar calculator said hahaha
So happy for one of my friends, was worried they weren't going to scrape 80 and came out with a 91!

Congratulations for everyones results! I hope you are all really proud of everything you have accomplished this year :)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2016, 03:59:12 pm »
97.80! Exactly what the atar calculator said hahaha
So happy for one of my friends, was worried they weren't going to scrape 80 and came out with a 91!

Congratulations for everyones results! I hope you are all really proud of everything you have accomplished this year :)

So wonderful! So many smarty pants people here, I'm so happy! You sooo deserve this!!! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Hydroxyl

• Trendsetter
  • Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »
That's correct, we get it tomorrow! :)

Thanks! That seems interesting, I'd probably just wait for them both to come :P
Well done to everyone!
2016: Biology [41] | Further Mathematics [42]
2017: Chemistry [36] | Mathematical Methods [38] | English [44] | Psychology [50 + Premier's Award]
ATAR: 98.25
2018 - 2020: Bachelor of Science (Psychology) — The University of Melbourne
2021-2024: Doctor of Medicine — Griffith University (Gold Coast)
~ My Success is only from Allah ~

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2016, 05:03:39 pm »
Thanks! That seems interesting, I'd probably just wait for them both to come :P
Well done to everyone!

The curiosity...the overwhelming, resistance crushing, curiosity... I could never have waited the extra day knowing that the results were sitting there waiting for me to open them :P

Neutron

• Trendsetter
RESULTS DAY (Mega Thread)
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:02 pm »
Woo AN has helped me so much throughout this year so I thought I'd share my results!! I'm so stoked about all of my subjects (especially extension 2 maths since I thought I stuffed that up pretty badly) but quite disappointed with physics D: Put the most effort into that subject but in the end the exam wasn't in my favour :/ Oh well! Overall I'm extremely happy and I owe you guys an innumerable amount of thank you's :D

English Adv: 89
Maths Ext 1: 96
Maths Ext 2: 93
Chemistry: 95
Biology: 94
Physics: 89

ATAR: 99.5 (omg was genuinely not expecting this!! Was expecting myself to get like 96 lol ahh)

Woo I'm so appreciative and glad to have been a part of this community :D You guys have been extremely supportive and helpful, thank you for all the time you've put in to help us :) love you guys
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:27:51 pm by Neutron »

Jakeybaby

• Trendsetter
  • Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:36 pm »
Wow.
What a great set of results from everyone.
Goes to show how good of a community we are involved with. Now I'm even more nervous for my results on Tuesday!
2016 ATAR: 98.60

2020: Bachelor of Finance @ University of Adelaide

Recipient of the 2017 University of Adelaide Principals' Scholarship

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:53 pm »
Woo AN has helped me so much throughout this year so I thought I'd share my results!! I'm so stoked about all of my subjects (especially extension 2 maths since I thought I stuffed that up pretty badly) but quite disappointed with physics D: Put the most effort into that subject but in the end the exam wasn't in my favour :/ Oh well! Overall I'm extremely happy and I owe you guys an innumerable amount of thank you's :D

English Adv: 89
Maths Ext 1: 96
Maths Ext 2: 93
Chemistry: 95
Biology: 94
Physics: 89

ATAR: 99.5

Woo I'm so appreciative and glad to have been a part of this community :D You guys have been extremely supportive and helpful, thank you for all the time you've put in to help us :) love you guys
You make me so proud to have tutored you :')

Neutron

• Trendsetter
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »

You make me so proud to have tutored you :')

Genuinely saved my butt, you maths god

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2016, 05:32:55 pm »
Wow.
Goes to show how good of a community we are involved with. Now I'm even more nervous for my results on Tuesday!

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll smash it  ;D
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Gregs

• Trailblazer
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:43 pm »
Well done to everyone, shows how all the hard work throughout the year pays off (and the help from atar notes of course)

I'm pretty pleased with my results as I was aiming for around an 86 to get into bachelor of business bachelor of science at UTS.
I got
Bio: 93
General maths: 90 (missed two pages in the middle of the exam due to them being stuck together and not going back through the exam because the last question stumped me)
Pdhpe: 90
Chem: 84
Standard English: 82
Atar: 91.45

My standard English results really dicked my atar but I put close to zero work into it throughout the year so probably deserved that. Im still happy though and have changed my first preference to bachelor of medical science bachelor of business at UTS. Thanks mods and everyone for the advice throughout the year
ATAR: 91.45

Biology: 93
General maths: 90
PDHPE: 90
Chemistry:84
Standard English: 82

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2016, 06:34:05 pm »
Hey Isaac...

When I got my marks I was pretty happy, and that's mainly because I was completely euphoric about a few grades and kind of just ignored the not so good ones. When I got my ATAR I went into a little ditch in the world I didn't know existed. I realise now it's completely dramatic and crazy because I did so well, but in that moment so much built up and then it was turned into a 4 digit number and it was very underwhelming but also overwhelming. I cried for two hours and honestly thought "I can never face day again." My dad knocked on my door three times trying to help but for those hours I was completely inconsolable. The worst part is that I felt like I couldn't tell anyone because everyone would be stoked to have my marks. I understand disappointment, it's just about finding the successes now and celebrating them. I was definitely rooting for you to absolutely smash English Advanced, you showed enormous improvement and determination and you deserve the most wonderful of marks. 91 is absolutely no small achievement, I hope that with time you can feel the pride I have for you in yourself... Just know that whatever you feel right now is completely legitimate, even if you think it's potentially invalidated by people feeling a lot worse than you about grades that are a lot lower than yours. What you feel is real, and I'm happy to assure you that you should and will feel immensely proud, even if not right now :)

Isaac - fair enough man. While those results are objectively fantastic, everyone runs their own race. The two of you (directed towards suddods too) have made such a good contribution to this community so I do want to express my gratitude for that.

Isaac- you're entitled to your disappointment mate and we're here if you need us.

But otherwise. HSCYAMOTHERUCKINGLATER

Thanks guys, you are all sooo supportive. After my results yesterday I cried a lot and ate a whole tub of ice cream in my disappointment.
But I opened my atar this morning and was super nervous and anxious and ended up getting 99.35!!! I cried again at this score but was super ecstatic about it, I didn't think I would get that especially since my atar aim and projection was 97. I got 99.5 in the atar calculator but I assumed it must be broken since it was so high.

Even so, I'm still a little disappointed in my English and Business marks and am annoyed at myself that I could've done better... but whatever, it's done at least!!
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:36 pm »
Thanks guys, you are all sooo supportive. After my results yesterday I cried a lot and ate a whole tub of ice cream in my disappointment.
But I opened my atar this morning and was super nervous and anxious and ended up getting 99.35!!! I cried again at this score but was super ecstatic about it, I didn't think I would get that especially since my atar aim and projection was 97. I got 99.5 in the atar calculator but I assumed it must be broken since it was so high.

Even so, I'm still a little disappointed in my English and Business marks and am annoyed at myself that I could've done better... but whatever, it's done at least!!
You were bound to get 99+ with those marks. Trust me, whilst calculators may overestimate they aren't that terribly off

(Of course you've already gotten your results, but that's basically what I would've said)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:43:16 pm by RuiAce »

rinagee12

• Trailblazer
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2016, 10:33:35 pm »
All I wanted during my HSC was to get a 90 ATAR and go to my local uni UNSW so I wouldn't have to travel far and thanks to atarnotes and my teachers I have well and truly surpassed that goal. Atarnotes helped to keep me motivated throughout my HSC as seeing all the hardworking and determined people on here inspired me to keep on. Got 4 top bands which is legit momentous for my disadvantaged+low scoring school (our highest atar in 2014 was 69... And we had one band 6 last year) I'm the first to bring home a 90+ for them in years and years!! Thanks AN <3 Guaranteed entry into Commerce for me now ;D
ATAR: 95.10

HSC 2016: English (Advanced) | English Ext 1 | Mathematics | Legal Studies |
Business Studies | Ancient History

2017: B Commerce / B Science @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2016, 10:55:56 pm »
All I wanted during my HSC was to get a 90 ATAR and go to my local uni UNSW so I wouldn't have to travel far and thanks to atarnotes and my teachers I have well and truly surpassed that goal. Atarnotes helped to keep me motivated throughout my HSC as seeing all the hardworking and determined people on here inspired me to keep on. Got 4 top bands which is legit momentous for my disadvantaged+low scoring school (our highest atar in 2014 was 69... And we had one band 6 last year) I'm the first to bring home a 90+ for them in years and years!! Thanks AN <3 Guaranteed entry into Commerce for me now ;D

WOOO! That is so awesome Rina! Your school has a lot to be proud of, and we are so proud you too. Stories like that are exactly why I love this community. Doesn't matter where you go to school or your background - Just work hard and good things will come. I am so happy for you, well done!!  ;D

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:10 am »
Wow.

Let us know! :)

Your kind words are so valuable to us....you deserve everything your way!

What's done is done, and you deserve to feel immensely proud of yourself...with time I'm sure you would. I definitely am, you improved out of sight and your hard work has been so much admired by myself!