Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:35:21 pm

Author Topic: Casio Classpad Touchscreen Not Working??  (Read 3229 times)  Share 

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Casio Classpad Touchscreen Not Working??
« on: February 16, 2020, 12:52:56 pm »
Hiya....essentially the topic of this thread. Essentially, I cannot graph anything on my CAS as when I click the graphing button, it doesn't touch that place, rather whats next to it, if you know what I mean. (I've attached a pic for reference). Its only that one place thats not wokring. Everything else is wokring fine. It is becoming very frustrating, and I'm worried about what to do come tests and exams.

I've tried resetting my entire CAS, cleared all the memory, and done the touchscreen recalibration manyyyyy times. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: Casio Classpad Touchscreen Not Working??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:56:23 pm »
+4
Hiya....essentially the topic of this thread. Essentially, I cannot graph anything on my CAS as when I click the graphing button, it doesn't touch that place, rather whats next to it, if you know what I mean. (I've attached a pic for reference). Its only that one place thats not wokring. Everything else is wokring fine. It is becoming very frustrating, and I'm worried about what to do come tests and exams.

I've tried resetting my entire CAS, cleared all the memory, and done the touchscreen recalibration manyyyyy times. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not an expert with this calculator (Ti-Nspire team ftw) but have you possibly let it sit in a really heated environment recently? Sometimes it causes the calculators to go a bit funny and may muck up the touchscreen. You can also try taking the battery out and putting it back in to see if it works after that. Just make sure when you do remove the battery to check that it hasn't leaked or anything and then put it back in and redo the touchscreen recalibration.

Try restarting again -> Turn it off completely -> Take the battery out -> Leave it for a few minutes -> Put battery back in -> Turn it on and redo touchscreen recalibration.

It might also be because of the screen protector which you might need to take off/put a new one on.

Hope that helps Arty! ;D

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 02:10:12 pm »
+3

Hey Arty, does that part of the screen work when you press another button on another page (like the main page)?
Or is it specifically the graphing button that doesn't allow you to graph? 

Edit: Sometimes when my graph page is wack I refer to these setting to help fix the issue.

https://youtu.be/NUr0lP6rw0I
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:12:54 pm by Ionic Doc »
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:14:13 pm »
+1
I'm not an expert with this calculator (Ti-Nspire team ftw) but have you possibly let it sit in a really heated environment recently? Sometimes it causes the calculators to go a bit funny and may muck up the touchscreen. You can also try taking the battery out and putting it back in to see if it works after that. Just make sure when you do remove the battery to check that it hasn't leaked or anything and then put it back in and redo the touchscreen recalibration.

Try restarting again -> Turn it off completely -> Take the battery out -> Leave it for a few minutes -> Put battery back in -> Turn it on and redo touchscreen recalibration.

It might also be because of the screen protector which you might need to take off/put a new one on.

Hope that helps Arty! ;D

Thanks for your help Ashmi. It really hasnt been kept in heat, its been home for like a week. I tried taking out the batteries and doing all that jazz, but its still not working.  :(

Hey Arty, does that part of the screen work when you press another button on another page (like the main page)?
Or is it specifically the graphing button that doesn't allow you to graph? 

Edit: Sometimes when my graph page is wack I refer to these setting to help fix the issue.

https://youtu.be/NUr0lP6rw0I

Its that specific location that doesn't work, on any page. I just noticed it on the graph screen because I use that the most often ha ha.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 02:26:21 pm »
+4
Its that specific location that doesn't work, on any page. I just noticed it on the graph screen because I use that the most often ha ha.

That's not good  :-\

Some issue probably in the hardware.
A friend had a similar issue with his calc (more extensive though) and had to get it repaired.
Really unlucky Arty.  By any chance do you know if you have any warranty?

Repair Link (if u end up needing it)
https://casioservice.shriro.com.au/pages/service-repairs

2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University