Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:24:27 pm

Author Topic: VCE Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 605611 times)  Share 

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
Re: VCE Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2010, 08:01:06 pm »
I'd do it like this:

Para1: indicate if you agree or disagree, outline the principle of seperation of powers

Para 2-? : discuss the importance of the other principles of the australian parliamentry system, comment on their importnace (both independently and relative to seperation of powers) and why they are important.

Last Paragraph: Depending on whether or not you agree or disagree, explain your position drawing on the conclusions you made in your previous paragraphs.
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »
When you say...

I'd do it like this:

Para1: indicate if you agree or disagree, outline the principle of seperation of powers

Para 2-? : discuss the importance of the other principles of the australian parliamentry system, comment on their importnace (both independently and relative to seperation of powers) and why they are important.

Last Paragraph: Depending on whether or not you agree or disagree, explain your position drawing on the conclusions you made in your previous paragraphs.

Part 2 - how many principles/points would I need to point out/use (knowing that the question is worth 8 marks)?

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2010, 08:09:39 pm »
When you say...

I'd do it like this:

Part 2 - how many principles/points would I need to point out/use (knowing that the question is worth 8 marks)?
well... I would do these:
1) Role of the crown (very good for showing an aspect of the system which can be heavily criticised)
2) Responsible Government and Representative government (combined in one paragraph, but make sure to differentiate the two)
3) Roles played by the houses of parliament (and focus on the senate)

I think you can more or less neglect structure of parliament for this question (is that even one of the principles? I forget), but if you think you have time then add it in if you like.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:14:29 pm by chrisjb »
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »
I'll try to upload my notes again, as requested by one or two people. As I said before, they are 1/2 Legal notes. If it doesn't work (downloading), then can someone reply to this thread telling me, cheers.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2010, 10:08:12 pm »
I got the Legal Notes book from A+ notes today. I really recommend you guys to buy it. It contains summaries of main information, questions and case studies.
2011:
Aims-
English 35, Further 45+, Methods 35, Physics 32, Turkish 33, Legal 28.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2010, 10:17:59 pm »
I got the Legal Notes book from A+ notes today. I really recommend you guys to buy it. It contains summaries of main information, questions and case studies.

Huh?.. was it this one?.. (see below)

(Image removed from quote.)

That's the one I have. I don't know if that's the one you're talking about. It reads "VCE 3&4 End-of-year examination, EXAM 5th Edition. 13 Practice Examinations. A+ Practice Exams - graduated difficulty with solutions, by Michelle Humphreys." Presumably, it's been updated for the new study design.

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2010, 10:20:07 pm »
2011:
Aims-

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:02 pm »
its actually this one. http://www.apluspub.com.au/cmn/images/covers/273050/9780170186957.jpg

That's the same thing isn't it?.. my copy's also by Michelle Humphreys. LOLwut. Mine reads 5th edition?.. as opposed to 2nd edition. It has the same website advertised in the inside of the book - www.apluspub.com.au ...

onur369

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2010, 10:26:58 pm »
The picture you showed is prac exams i think as opposed to my book being a summary based one.
2011:
Aims-

flash36

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2010, 10:47:38 pm »
Here are my notes for Legals this year, they're up in the Notes section of the site too. They're a bit all over the place, hopefully there's no mistakes!

Liuy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »
Hey Guys,

Is it possible for those of you who have uploaded notes before the VN glitch got fixed up (which didnt let the downloading of the notes uploaded) to re-upload those notes? it would be much appreciated.

Thanks heaps!
'10: Chinese SLA [38]
'11: Legal Studies [50] | English [44] | Physical Education [41] | Psychology [31] + Methods
ATAR:97.85

'12: Monash University - Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2010, 10:47:52 am »
The picture you showed is prac exams i think as opposed to my book being a summary based one.

I see what you mean. =D

In any case, I'll stick with the one I have.

On a quick update, where is everyone up to with Legal?

I'm still on the chapter "Changing the law" considering it's quite a long chapter. If everything goes to plan, I should finish Unit 3 by the end of the holidays. Is anyone going to any lectures for Legal Studies over the holidays?.. I'm only going to the TSFX one... mainly for the notes supplied.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2010, 06:20:08 pm »
This is more of a left-field question, though it's in my 3/4 textbook;

"The law recognises and upholds moral, social, economic and political values. Explain how the law achieves this by using examples."

How would people answer that?..

Thanks to anyone who can answer it! =D

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 06:22:05 pm »
I've read all of unit three from the book and highlighted, now just need to make notes.

andy456

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 06:57:11 pm »
This is more of a left-field question, though it's in my 3/4 textbook;

"The law recognises and upholds moral, social, economic and political values. Explain how the law achieves this by using examples."

How would people answer that?..

Thanks to anyone who can answer it! =D
I think this is a cleverly asked question. I think it just wants you to detail why the law needs to change for those areas briefly (like one sentence for each max.) and then go on to say how the law is changed by people.

you gotta say how the law recognises and upholds (blah blah blah)
the law recognises societys morals through public demonstrations against a certain issue. for instance (these annoying people opposed this and politicians went :O). The awareness raised through this groups actions will often lead to a change in legislation so as that the majority of societies morals are upheld.

do you get what i'm saying??
VCE 2010: Eng 42 | Legal 49 | Chem 37 | MM 34 | Indo SL 33 |
ATAR: 97.45

2011: Bachelor of Arts Monash University
2012: Bachelor of Commerce?? Please!!