Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:24:16 am

Author Topic: 2 State Ranks, 99.90 ATAR Modern History Tuition (Free Trial)  (Read 5312 times)  Share 

nineteenninetynine

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
2 State Ranks, 99.90 ATAR Modern History Tuition (Free Trial)
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:58:24 pm »
Hi!

I graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School in 2017, and am offering private tutoring for Modern History.

I received an ATAR of 99.90 and the state ranks of 11th in NSW for Modern History and 20th in NSW for English Advanced.
I was also awarded the J.A. Reid Medal for Modern History, the Ross Medal for Advanced English and the Head Teacher's Award for Modern History.

I have taught HSC English Advanced at a leading tuition company and have privately tutored for several months in Modern History.
During my time in year 12, I ran study groups for my grade in both English and Modern History and have given feedback for other students' essays. I am keen to draw upon this experience, as well as my genuine passion for the subject to help you through your HSC.

My tutorials are focused on building a nuanced understanding of the key issues in the topic before helping you develop your ideas into well-structured and sophisticated essays. I am also happy to mark your essays free of charge in my own time. You will also be given access to a large number of resources that I used throughout year 12.

The topics I studied for Modern History:
World War I
Germany
Albert Speer
Conflict in the Pacific

I am also happy to offer a free trial lesson to help you determine whether you would like to commit to tutoring.

If you would like to commit to weekly lessons, I charge at a rate of $60 per hour of lesson time. This price includes extensive essay marking, samples of which I will provide upon request.

Feel free to contact me for more details if interested at [email protected]

If you have any questions about a particular aspect of HSC Modern History, I am more than happy to answer your question on this forum :)

All the best with your HSC!
William Chua
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:56:16 pm by nineteenninetynine »

rayanp

• Fresh Poster
Re: 2 State Ranks, 99.90 ATAR Modern History Tuition (Free Trial)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 12:14:51 am »
William is an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable individual that is also very proficient at teaching. Having belonged to the same cohort as him, I can testify that he achieved top ranks for Mod and English throughout the entire HSC year. Anyone tutored by William is sure to rapidly improve and maintain an enviable position for their subjects and be very capable for exams. English and History are subjects that are nuanced and to consistently achieve high marks, it is very beneficial to have a tutor like Wiilliam. Having seen first-hand some of his editing work, I can promise that it is comprehensive and helpful, as he helped many James Ruse students improve their essays or creative writing.

coolestboganever

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:49 am »
Being one of William's peers in high school allowed me to witness his undying work ethic and diligence towards his goals. I can confirm that his marks for all subjects were exceptional with the most notable being Modern History and English. In small group discussion scenarios with all subjects, I have found his explanations to be extremely clear as his knowledge is extremely sound and well researched. Indeed, all my James Ruse peers would concur that they became wiser from each conversation with him. His passion for the subjects is something I find to be rare and no doubt would hold you in good stead, should you choose to seek his tutoring services. Most of all, I find his honesty and perpetual passion to be refreshing and I am sure his students will be able to achieve their academic goals with his qualified assistance.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:39:11 am by coolestboganever »

davidirvingnumber1

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:40:02 am »
Chua places great emphasis on efficiency in his studies. His targeted approach and unique methods have proven incredibly effective in reducing the workload and difficulty of a course as complex and content-rich as Modern History. As a member of his cohort, I am pleased to say I can wholeheartedly testify his competence and the success of his methods, which he generously provided to us in the weeks leading up to the HSC. I have no doubt in his ability to provide excellent guidance to any student wishing to be tutored in Modern History. William is personable, hard working, and experienced. For students seeking to improve their results quickly and effectively, I highly recommend him as a tutor.

garryxD

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 03:44:11 am »
For those of you still not convinced, I can reinforce that William not only has very deep knowledge of the course and experience in tuition, but also dedication (as reflected in his results) with a unique and effective approach to teaching.

There are few tutors out there who are worth your time and money, and I am convinced he is one of them.

Shiju

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:56:54 pm »
William's study methods and extensive knowledge of the subjects definitely make him a tutor worth your time. I've known him for 4 years, and he is one of the most hardworking people I know, reflected through his results.  Through both his experience and his dedication as a tutor, you can expect your results to improve quickly  :)

m a t t

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 12:26:59 am »
William's amiable personality and infectious enthusiasm for Modern History position him as the ideal choice for anyone seeking a dedicated and genuinely caring tutor. Having been his classmate and friend for many years, I've seen Will constantly going out of his way to help others and know he would do the same for any of his students. In addition, I have no doubt that anyone under his tutelage will find his insights and arguments to be refreshingly logical and incredibly well-researched. Will truly has a profound understanding of the nuances of HSC Modern History, and any student under his guidance will feel prepared and confident for their exams.

raphyy

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 07:38:43 pm »
I've known William for 2 years, and I must say the thing that distinguishes him from other tutors is his genuine passion for his students' success. You won't be making a mistake choosing him as your tutor.