Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 02:43:21 am

Author Topic: TSSM?  (Read 1898 times)  Share 

ice_blockie

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
TSSM?
« on: June 15, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »
Has anyone been to TSSM's 11, 12 or 15 week programs? Just want to know if they're any good compared to tsfx and neap.

and have anyone been to TSSM's English Classes?

Thanks!

flusher317

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: TSSM?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:20:04 pm »
Has anyone been to TSSM's 11, 12 or 15 week programs? Just want to know if they're any good compared to tsfx and neap.

and have anyone been to TSSM's English Classes?

Thanks!

Hey ice_blockie
I haven't been to any of the TSSM programs but have heard they are pretty poor in terms of notes and their presentation. I am not trying to bad mouth them but it doesn't seem like they offer what they promise.
TSFX tends to be better in terms of notes but their classes are equally as boring. Neap tends to be a rip off i've heard.
I have another option for you. I'm starting a company that will hold workshops in a seminar format for all the popular subjects that will be launched in the third term. If you are keen, i can keep you posted. I have past students with 50 SS for Eng for example, leading and coaching students. And the best thing is that my company will embody what is missing everywhere else, which is an energy, passion and vibrancy about teaching and learning.
If you're keen, I can send you some info in the coming weeks. The first session of my workshops will be free for all, so why not come along and check this out yourself?
Otherwise, I do recommend asking around for the best advice in tutoring etc!
regards
David

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:28:46 pm »
TSSM are really full of junk. It did not help at all, whatsoever.

However, TSFX is quite good in my perspective, they have really useful notes :)

Ummm.... flusher, I actually enjoyed the TSFX economics lecture! It was funnn and David McGregor (the lecturer) was really enthusiastic  :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:31:48 pm by AppleXY »

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

flusher317

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:57:45 pm »
TSSM are really full of junk. It did not help at all, whatsoever.

However, TSFX is quite good in my perspective, they have really useful notes :)

Ummm.... flusher, I actually enjoyed the TSFX economics lecture! It was funnn and David McGregor (the lecturer) was really enthusiastic  :D

yeah i agree that there are some really great lecturers out there, but way too few. I went to this physics lecture when i was in yr 12 and it was amazing. But most of them are just duds. I'm not saying this to offend anyone but it seems like the culture of this business.
By the way, how old is David McGregor?