Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:29:02 pm

Author Topic: How to get a band 6 in PDHPE  (Read 40968 times)  Share 

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: How to get a band 6 in PDHPE
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »
+1
You said we should write our own notes. I'm just wondering, do you think it would be a good idea for PDHPE to use pre written notes like the ones offered by ATAR Notes but you still write your own notes for options? Like can you do really well if you practice a lot even with pre made notes? Is it even maybe possible to rank?

Going off what Jamon said, I never once wrote my own notes during my HSC last year instead I just completely devoted my study time to past papers and practice questions. I think it depends on what kind of learner you are, so if you're the type that can learn from reading a slab of text, or writing out key points (I definitely know a few ppl like that) then I'd say writing notes may be a good idea. A really good friend of mine last year wrote the most amazing, detailed and comprehensive notes for all of her subjects, putting a lot of time and effort into them and came away with a 98.25 ATAR. However for me (and A LOT of other people I know) who are more practical based learners it is really a waste of time (well maybe not a complete waste of time, but definitely time that would be better spent on other things).

Of course I didn't study PDHPE so it might be different. However those are my two cents. A happy medium I'd say is to not write complete, detailed course notes for everything, but maybe just 1 page summary sheets for each topic on the MOST important stuff that you can easily go over before an exam, or stuff that is directly related to exam responses such as detail and linking tables (not sure if they're applicable to PDHPE, but i used them a lot for other subjects).
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

Neilab

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Riverside Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 05:08:43 pm »
I've just revived my sports med marks back from last term and i'm not too happy... i was marked down on an answer in regards to children and athletes because my "example was weak"... I have enclosed it below and was just wondering how I could make it stronger? A lot of girls in my class thing they mark unreasonable!

Epilepsy is the disruption of brain function, which causes a brief alteration to the level of consciousness and results in seizures or fits. Coaches, trainers, parents or supervisors should know what to do if a seizure occurs. Children and young athletes should follow their doctor’s advice on what activities they should partake in, but generally most sports are safe to participate in. However, if a child is prone to have seizures regularly, they should avoid high contact sports such as rugby league. In addition to, rock climbing and scuba diving should also be avoided, as there is an increased risk of harm if the individual loses consciousness. For example; a child with epiplepsy playing soccer should ensure his coach is aware of of the issue. The trainers would advise the opposing team to especially avoid contact as it may instigate seizure. If an attack were to occur during the soccer match; the child should not be restrained, obstacles should be moved away and their head should be supported. To manage epilepsy, children and young athletes should keep hydrated, shouldn’t be overtrained and they should avoid stressful situations.

Kirri Rule

• Trailblazer
  • School: Northern beaches christain school
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 10:51:38 am »
Hi i was wondering how you could know how much you need to/ if you have covered enough content in the larger mark questions such as 10 mark questions? Thank you

Hi sorry one more thing, but what is the best recommended one to choose to study for the Ottawa Charter in action in core 1? Thank you

Mod Edit: Posts merged, you can use the 'Modify' button above your post to add to it if you need to! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:10:17 am by jamonwindeyer »

scyouknow13

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 06:36:06 pm »
How did you structure your 8 marks or more questions. Sometimes I feel like I'm not writing enough. Is there a particular structure you follow or anything important to remember?

Ellie__

• Trailblazer
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 04:41:11 pm »
Hey guys,

Quick question, for Core 1 social justice principles what is correct-

•Participation
•Equity
•Access
•Rights

or
•Diversity
•Equity
•Supportive Environments
Thankyou!!!

scyouknow13

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 05:32:21 pm »
+1
Diversity, equity and supportive environments

sophiemacpherso

• Trailblazer
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 11:03:41 am »
Hi! I'm a tad stuck on this question, "How do the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter address the principles of social justice? Include examples in your answer. 8 Marks"... Would I go through every action area of the Ottawa Charter and how it addresses principles of social justice with relevant examples for each? It seems the most logical thing to do although I feel as though that would take a long time and a lot of writing, deducting from time to answer other questions? :)

yharb

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:05 pm »
Hi! I'm a tad stuck on this question, "How do the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter address the principles of social justice? Include examples in your answer. 8 Marks"... Would I go through every action area of the Ottawa Charter and how it addresses principles of social justice with relevant examples for each? It seems the most logical thing to do although I feel as though that would take a long time and a lot of writing, deducting from time to answer other questions? :)

Personally I would decide on one health promotion initiative (for example; National Tobacco Strategy) and talk about how the five action areas all work together within this initiative in addressing the principles of social justice. I'd highly recommend doing this as the 'Learn To' dot point requires you to relate them all to a Health Promotion Initiative :) Hope this helps

yharb

• Adventurer
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:35 pm »
How did you structure your 8 marks or more questions. Sometimes I feel like I'm not writing enough. Is there a particular structure you follow or anything important to remember?

Your structure depends on the type of question that's being asked and what syllabus dot points it covers! :)

Ellie__

• Trailblazer
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:36 am »
Hi guys,

can someone please help in suggesting what I need to add and talk about in the core one question- Evaluate health care in Australia examining issues of access and adequacy in relation to the social justice principles- 8 marks

Thankyou!!!

yharb

• Adventurer
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »
Hi guys,

can someone please help in suggesting what I need to add and talk about in the core one question- Evaluate health care in Australia examining issues of access and adequacy in relation to the social justice principles- 8 marks

Thankyou!!!

Okay so a major tip would be to look over the syllabus learn abouts that are under "Health Care in Aus" - all of those dash points should be covered in your response

When talking about the different types of health care (e.g. medicare & private health insurance) you need to discuss how they relate to the social justice principles (equity, diversity & supportive environments). So for example private health insurance would be considered in equitable as it is much more expensive and does not appeal to people with a low socioeconomic status, etc...

yharb

• Adventurer
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2017, 04:48:58 pm »
Okay so a major tip would be to look over the syllabus learn abouts that are under "Health Care in Aus" - all of those dash points should be covered in your response

When talking about the different types of health care (e.g. medicare & private health insurance) you need to discuss how they relate to the social justice principles (equity, diversity & supportive environments). So for example private health insurance would be considered in equitable as it is much more expensive and does not appeal to people with a low socioeconomic status, etc...

Sorry just to add! Because it is a 8 marker question, you should ensure to talk about 3 or more different examples and cover all social justice principles wherever you can

Ellie__

• Trailblazer
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 07:13:11 pm »

Ah thankyou!
So there's 5 -points, do you suggest attacking all of them?

Sorry just double checking :)

DonQ

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »
I currently have a PDHPE exam coming up.
How would you answer questions on nutrion. (pre performance carb loading, during performance, post performance)
Would you have to specifically mention that you need to consume 200g of carbs and drink 600mL of water etc...

sophiemacpherso

• Trailblazer
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 09:39:02 pm »
How do you recommend memorising the syllabus? I'm struggling so much to remember Core 2 ...