Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 30, 2024, 01:50:47 am

Author Topic: Using TEE Structure  (Read 1323 times)

pels

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Using TEE Structure
« on: October 12, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »
Hi all,

For AOS short answers, can someone give me some generic TEE structured responses to these, as I am a bit confused on how to structure them (especially with the Effect part).

How does the author convey the idea that discovery can be enriching?

AND

Explain how the author creates a strong sense of curiosity and wonder?

Thanks

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: Using TEE Structure
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:05:36 pm »
+2
Hi all,

For AOS short answers, can someone give me some generic TEE structured responses to these, as I am a bit confused on how to structure them (especially with the Effect part).

How does the author convey the idea that discovery can be enriching?

AND

Explain how the author creates a strong sense of curiosity and wonder?

Thanks

Ok seeing as there is no texts written visual or otherwise, I will make up my own and try to answer these questions.

This is the key I will be using throughout:
Red= Topic Sentence
Green= Example/evidence
Blue=Effect

Q1, lets give it 3 marks.
Discoveries can be enriching in their nature. This is shown effectively through the use of chairoscuro lighting in Text 1. This text shows the dangers of being kept in the dark of discovery, as well as how light can enrich the discoveries we make both within ourselves and the wider society.

Chairoscuro* - dark vs light imagery (in case you were unsure :))

Q2, lets give it 4 marks.
The author of the short story extract "Over the fence" has effectively created a strong sense of curiousity and wonder. This expreses the fact that discoveries are fresh and intensely meaningful. The repetition in the quote "If only I was taller, if only I could know, if only there was a way to find out" coupled with "I looked over the fence after many years, and discovered something that made my jaw drop" expresses the strong sense of wonder and curiousity that the persona has developed. The temporal imagery of "many years" highlights how long the persona has been waiting to find out, stressing that some discoveries unfold from a careful, deliberate process.

I hope this helps and best of luck for tomorrow!!
(This was actually good practice for me thinking on my feet and having to make up the text and the answers to these questions in a few mins)