Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:38:05 pm

Author Topic: A journey to self discovery...  (Read 4048 times)

porcupine

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +15
Re: A journey to self discovery...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 11:49:59 am »
+8
Since results came out today I might end my updates here.

I was feeling really nervous even though none of the courses I applied for need an ATAR, but I still woke up at 5.30 and couldn’t go back to sleep afterwards.

The VASS email came about 20min early which gave me a heart attack. With my parents sitting next to me (yes they insisted on being next to me), I shakily opened my results...

Chemistry: 42
Eng Lang: 38
Spesh: 47
Physics: 49

God damn English dragging me down as usual.

So my parents were actually pretty happy with how I went and guess what? They said that my results proved I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING and that I am responsible so they’re fine with me doing whatever course I want to!

Which is pretty great news since I have received offers to study Bachelor of Animation and VFX at BOTH collarts and SAE!

I’ve also received an offer from the Victorian College of Arts but their email was a bit arbitrary.

The University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Fine Arts and Music, may make you an offer for this course subject to the availabilities of places in an upcoming round of VTAC offers provided that you also satisfy tertiary entrance requirements.

This letter does not constitute an official offer.

Asdfgjhjkjhasdfg

I got that email about a week ago and I think the general consensus from everyone I’ve asked is that I’m more or less in unless I somehow forget how to speak English or something.

Anyway, I’m waiting for my official offer from VCA since it’s public so I don’t need to pay $60,000 in tuition.

Well now’s a good time to end this update and this journal. Thanks for tuning in and good luck to the class of 2020!
'17 - '19  Eng lang (38), Methods (46), Spesh (47), Physics (49), Chem (42), Bio (45), UCAT (97%ile)

'20 - '22  Bachelor of Fine Arts, Animation and Visual Effects @ Victorian College of the Arts

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 12:00:07 pm »
+3
Congrats on your results and, more importantly, your offers! I’m so glad you’re chasing your own dreams. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

porcupine

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 12:04:07 am »
+2
Congrats on your results and, more importantly, your offers! I’m so glad you’re chasing your own dreams. :)

Thank you AngelWings! And especially thank you for all the pointers and encourage you gave me along the way, it really means a lot! <3
'17 - '19  Eng lang (38), Methods (46), Spesh (47), Physics (49), Chem (42), Bio (45), UCAT (97%ile)

'20 - '22  Bachelor of Fine Arts, Animation and Visual Effects @ Victorian College of the Arts