Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 06:11:41 am

Author Topic: Neobody gets left behind in the HSC  (Read 12420 times)

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
Re: Neobody gets left behind in the HSC
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 10:13:50 pm »
+8
CONGRATSSS!!! Those are really great results  ;D ;D ;D
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 10:18:05 pm »
+6
7/9/17 - Thursday

Remember how I said I was worried about doing bad in Business?
Turns out I got a 96% and came 1st in the grade so LOL. Now I kinda regret stressing for no reason.
Also got 91% for Legal, which is pretty good. ;)

Nice work!!! Those are AMAZING marks! Congratulations ;D. Keep up the good work!!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05:31 pm »
+4
8/9/17 - Friday

I put in my UAC preferences today because I needed an application number for EAS and would also probably forget before Sep 29.

I'm just a little confused about my preferences:
1- BCom/BSci UNSW (96)
2- BEco/BSci UNSW (93)
3- BCom/BAdvS USyd (95)
4- BEco/BAdvS USyd (90)
5- BCom/BSci MqU (85)
Is it worth having a 95 cutoff after a 93 cutoff, will it ever get picked?

your preferences shouldn't be in order of atar cutoffs, it should be in order of what you want to do most! besides, you can get offers for multiple courses in multiple unis (right? someone correct me if i'm wrong) so keep your options open :-)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:43:14 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 11:18:08 pm »
+3
Is it worth having a 95 cutoff after a 93 cutoff, will it ever get picked?

Perhaps it could, if the second preference course ends up having a higher cut off and the third one slightly lower - Remember those cut offs are only indicative! As fantastic said though, just put them in the order you want them! ;D

your preferences shouldn't in order of atar cutoffs, it should be in order of what you want to do most! besides, you can get offers for multiple courses in multiple unis (right? someone correct me if i'm wrong) so keep your options open :-)

You receive one offer per round, whichever the highest preference is that is willing to give you an offer :)

pikachu975

• Forum Obsessive
  • Stars and Bars
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 04:15:48 pm »
+1
Perhaps it could, if the second preference course ends up having a higher cut off and the third one slightly lower - Remember those cut offs are only indicative! As fantastic said though, just put them in the order you want them! ;D

You receive one offer per round, whichever the highest preference is that is willing to give you an offer :)

Can you change your preferences between each round?

Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.
Send me a message if interested!

2016 HSC (Accelerated):
// 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //

2017 HSC:
// English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //

Goal: 99.9

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 04:22:40 pm »
+5
Can you change your preferences between each round?

Yes :) Here is a factsheet for Offers and Enrolment, including how to change your preferences  :D
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 10:07:08 pm »
+8
19/9/17 - Tuesday

Can't believe that I only have 2 days left of school.
Today, we had two class parties for our last lessons, and that's when it really sunk in that it was the end.
Everything I ever loved about school is gone, and now every day is weekend which I absolutely hate.
I can't really describe all the mixed feelings I have about finishing school, so here's a meme that pretty much sums up my week.
(Image removed from quote.)

Meme it out, MisterNeo. Meme it out.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

Maraos

• Trendsetter
  • Atar Notes = Productive procrastination.... right?
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 10:25:43 pm »
+5
19/9/17 - Tuesday

Can't believe that I only have 2 days left of school.
Today, we had two class parties for our last lessons, and that's when it really sunk in that it was the end.
Everything I ever loved about school is gone, and now every day is weekend which I absolutely hate.
I can't really describe all the mixed feelings I have about finishing school, so here's a meme that pretty much sums up my week.
(Image removed from quote.)
I feel the same way. It still feels like there is at least another term left. I've been so used to the daily routine, it's literally been my life for the past 14 years (which is the majority of my existence !! ;D).
2016 HSC:
Mathematics
(1 down 6 to go... :D)

2017 HSC:
Physics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Design and Technology
Ancient History
History Extension
English Advanced

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 09:55:05 pm »
Also, something quite controversial.

I hate weekends, and can't wait for Mondays.
Idk why, I just do.  :P

OH MY!!! WHY?!! Mondays are a nightmare and i wish weekends lasted for atleast 10 days hahaahh lol
ATAR Goal 90

Daniyahasan

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »
School is usually my only social interactions other than AN. I liked school and hated weekends because it gets super boring. :/ Now that school is over, it doesn't really matter.

actually that's true i dont really go out or anything so my main soical interactions were at school BUT im a social media addict so its alright i can keep touch with my friends
ATAR Goal 90

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 11:53:36 pm »
+3
Aw, have you ever considered looking into making creatives up on the day? Like, if you struggle to memorise a lot of information, it might be worth considering this as an option. Obviously, it's harder, but the rewards you reap become much more revealing. If you're interested in a few of my exercises to help with the creative process, that is.

bernardm

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 12:30:12 am »
+1
If you're interested in a few of my exercises to help with the creative process, that is.

I'm also debating as to whether or not I should attempt to memorise my creative, or to make one up on the day. Have looked into past papers and there is such a wide range of stimulus' so it's risky.
What are these exercises of yours?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 01:03:31 am »
+4
I'm also debating as to whether or not I should attempt to memorise my creative, or to make one up on the day. Have looked into past papers and there is such a wide range of stimulus' so it's risky.
What are these exercises of yours?
Hey!
So, what I tend to do with creatives is to start by extrapolating key ideas from the question and stimuli. So, what aspects of discosvery links up with the question at hand? You will need to then develop a character centred around that idea; the process of discovery needs to be clear to the audience, and the easiest way for me to show this process is by using one or multiple catalysts of discovery (ie creative, spiritual, emotional, physical, etc.).

So, in order to become more naturally adept on the day:
1. Write a brief introduction. It doesn't have to be finalised, you just need to write some things down. What you should be focusing on in your opening few lines is the establishment of voice or character, being able to give your characters a personality.

If the question was about the transformative nature of discovery, here was one of my introductions to a question.
To many, 'beauty' is just a word. A string of letters joined together to create meaning. To me, 'beauty' is more than just a word; it's a characteristic given to someone when words can't describe what the heart feels. To me, she was beauty.

Or, if the question was about the unexpected nature of discovery, you could approach it like this:
I was never the best in my year. I have never won any competitions. I was never the best academically. But all of that didn't matter to me; what mattered was that I was driven by passion. I was driven by a goal, a desire to be someone.

You could do a lot with the unexpected nature of discovery with this opening sentence, but you should be aiming to build a voice for the character.

Exercise: Use the rubric, and come up with 3-4 examples of establishing a voice for each of the processes and outcomes.

2. Build up a character profile. This part is easier said than done. Make the character believable, use the senses of a regular human being to describe the emotions that drives your character. You can base your character off of yourself, because the authenticity of character within a short story is crucial.

What aspects of discovery does your character experience? Is he driven by a transformation of self, and if so, in what way? Does he go through a metaphysical transformation? What catalyses these discoveries? Is it the past, does he rediscover a past element?

The best characters you can write about, are those within your own self; only you know the discoveries you've experienced, so use this to create an authentic character by considering: time period, setting, and events. If you were to use a historical event, make sure you're well read to give an extra layer of authenticity.

Exercise: Describe your character in one or two sentence. Keep the sentence succinct and coherent.

I may post a few more exercises a bit later, it's 1am right now

bernardm

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
I have done a few of these exercises to an extent, but I agree with you in that if I'm not going to memorise a creative then they should be done in greater detail...
These are great, thank you! Is this what you're choosing to do?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 02:32:18 pm »
+3
2/11/17 - Thursday

LOL I'M FINISHED
The HSC is kinda like getting vaccinated. You're kinda scared leading up to it and during. But after it's done, you're like "LOL, was that it?"
Congrats to the people who have already finished, and good luck to those still going. ;)

Time to play games all night, and then find a job or something.
And I get to tutor someone tomorrow!!

Fuck, ATAR release is in 42 days.
:((( I finish tomorrow with 3u