Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 08:16:13 am

Author Topic: Commerce Employability  (Read 1660 times)  Share 

homosapiens

Commerce Employability
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:59:47 am »
I'm considering doing commerce next year, and am tossing up between the Dean Scholar's Commerce program and Commerce/Law, both at Monash. I've heard people say that it's easier to find jobs in commerce if you have a double degree, but if you're a part of the Dean Scholar's Commerce course would that compensate for not doing a double degree?

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
Re: Commerce Employability - 3000th post :D
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
A commerce degree makes you highly employable regardless of a double/single. I personally would say it's one of the most employable degrees. That said, there are obviously various streams where a double degree would be preferred, and some places make this a requirement.

I wouldn't say the Deans Scholar's program would compensate entirely for a whole degree in terms of employ-ability, but if you consider the time it takes to complete it (3 years) it does leave you time to get a postgrad qualification by the time everyone finishes their two undergrad degrees. If you choose that path, it might compensate for not having the undergrad law degree.

edit: 3000th post :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:12:25 pm by taiga »
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

homosapiens

Re: Commerce Employability
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:07:23 pm »
thanks for the info taiga, and congrats on the 3000th post!!