Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 08:02:05 pm

Author Topic: Urgent: Is there any way I can get into university at the moment?  (Read 4045 times)  Share 

MarissaTee

• New South Welsh
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Buckley Park College
Well to cut it short, I've been overseas the past few weeks and forgot all about offers and such.

I received an ATAR of 49.2 and did not receive any offers during round 1 or 2.

Is it too late to sign up for the supplementary round? Am I able to call up universities and request a placement?

I am still not too sure about what I want to do so any suggestions would also be great. With my score would any accounting courses be available?

Thanks a lot!

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Urgent: Is there any way I can get into university at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:45 am »
I know La Trobe has accounting for ~50 in Bendigo. Guess it depends where you live? Where were you hoping to study mate?
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:41:54 am »
Unfortunately, it is too late to do anything through VTAC.  But, depending on what you want to study, it would be best to contact the university directly to see if there are any options still available for you.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:25:05 pm »
Some unis might still have vacancies although it would be difficult to get into anything at the moment if your score is below the cut-off. i.e. you are best to enquire about courses which require a 49.2 or lower. As mentioned above, you would need to contact the uni directly. It might also be worth looking into plan B, whether that be TAFE or mid-year entry to uni.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:35 pm »
I think TAFE would be the best option, and if you want to do accounting maybe you could do that through RMIT?
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:10 pm »
You could try for something at MIBT (say, commerce) and then transfer to Deakin?

Hope it turns out alright :)