Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 01, 2024, 03:34:19 pm

Author Topic: How would you answer this question?  (Read 648 times)  Share 

vanroevan1994

How would you answer this question?
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
"Divided attention can often be successfully used when performing tasks. Give an example of how divided attention could be used to perform tasks, and clearly explain why it is possible for us to do two things at one time".

Im just a little confused on what the answer would be to that and how to answer it, thanks! :)

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: How would you answer this question?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »
Ok selective attention is directed focus on a task (like as in learning to drive) whereas divided attention we can split between two or more tasks. For example I could be ironing my clothes at home one night and watching my favourite tv soap. I'm engaging in two tasks that both require a degree of focus.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
Re: How would you answer this question?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
+1
"Divided attention can often be successfully used when performing tasks. Give an example of how divided attention could be used to perform tasks, and clearly explain why it is possible for us to do two things at one time".

Im just a little confused on what the answer would be to that and how to answer it, thanks! :)

Divided attention could be used when talking to a friend on the phone and also cooking a stir-fry at the same time. The reason why divided attention can occur is because the tasks are simple in nature or they've been well-rehearsed enough to allow other tasks to be performed simultaneously...

Hope that helps! :)
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni