Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 10:07:30 am

Author Topic: Got an outcome on the Australian parliamentary system  (Read 1928 times)  Share 

molllz

Got an outcome on the Australian parliamentary system
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »
It is an open book outcome, what type of questions can i expect for this outcome as its an open book?

A few examples would be good

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Got an outcome on the Australian parliamentary system
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »
+2
- Explain what is the principle of representative government is. (2 marks)
- Explain what is the principle of responsible government is. (2 marks)
- Outline the separation of powers and explain how it’s applied in Australia. (4 marks)
- Outline the structure of the Victorian Parliament. (4 marks)
- Explain one role of the lower house of the Victorian Parliament. (2 marks)
- Explain one role of the upper house of the Victorian Parliament. (2 marks)
- Outline one role of the Governor. (1 mark)
- Outline the structure of the Commonwealth Parliament. (4 marks)
- Explain one role of the lower house of the Commonwealth Parliament. (2 marks)
- Explain one role of the upper house of the Commonwealth Parliament. (2 marks)
- Outline one role of the Governor-General. (1 mark)
- Discuss the extent to which the Senate acts as a house of review. (4 marks)

Refer above. That's really all the questions I can think of relating to the Australian parliamentary system.

elmoodo

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »
While our Parliament operates under a bicameral system, it would be a more effective law-maker if it consisted of only one house’. Discuss.
I like this question for some reason...
2011: Mathematical Methods (CAS): [32]

2012: English [36+] - Business Management [45+] - Further Mathematics [45+] - Accounting [38+] - Legal Studies [40+]

ATAR: [94.00+]

Jezza

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:24 pm »
While our Parliament operates under a bicameral system, it would be a more effective law-maker if it consisted of only one house’. Discuss.
I like this question for some reason...
Yes very good question.

Lots to say and argue about. Using the examples of QLD and the territories would add weight to the argument.

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 02:39:05 pm »
+1
There are too many questions to post, so I've attached a Word doc for you. The questions with dates at the end come from past VCAA exams, and the ones without are original extras. Your SAC shouldn't stray too far from what's gone before.

With the open-book, can you use your own notes instead of the textbook? If so, preparing dot-point reminders on specific wording and content for each sub-topic would be more effective. Personally, I would treat it like a closed book SAC and learn my content and wording by heart beforehand - you waste precious minutes checking your notes.

Also, just with the structure of parliament questions, they only ever ask them for 1 or 2 marks.

Good luck!
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

elmoodo

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »
There are too many questions to post, so I've attached a Word doc for you.

Thanks for the attachment, very useful resource for my sac next week

Cheers
2011: Mathematical Methods (CAS): [32]

2012: English [36+] - Business Management [45+] - Further Mathematics [45+] - Accounting [38+] - Legal Studies [40+]

ATAR: [94.00+]

jaizik

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:40 pm »
There are too many questions to post, so I've attached a Word doc for you. The questions with dates at the end come from past VCAA exams, and the ones without are original extras. Your SAC shouldn't stray too far from what's gone before.

With the open-book, can you use your own notes instead of the textbook? If so, preparing dot-point reminders on specific wording and content for each sub-topic would be more effective. Personally, I would treat it like a closed book SAC and learn my content and wording by heart beforehand - you waste precious minutes checking your notes.

Also, just with the structure of parliament questions, they only ever ask them for 1 or 2 marks.

Good luck!

I love you.