Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 10:49:18 am

Author Topic: Need some big charity names  (Read 542 times)  Share 

panicatthelunchbar

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Need some big charity names
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »
Hi all,

This doesn't have anything to do with VCE but my school is planning a Big Day Out in September and would like to support a charity through all that we raise that day.

Do you know of any big charity names that we can help, they have to be convincing for our principal team! As we are a girls' school, I thought a women/girls empowerment organisation would be best! I personally don't know of many.

Any help would be appreciated

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
  • Respect: +467
Re: Need some big charity names
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:06:39 am »
I've had to do the same thing before - it can very hard to decide on an organisation because they all seem so genuine and worthy of your money! The only advice I can tell you is to go off the beaten track and choose a lesser known organisation. Being a girl's school, you may have considered the Breast/Cervical/Ovarian etc. cancer foundations and while they are fantastic causes, they do receive a fair bit of money from other fundraisers as well. It's also important to choose a charity that everyone is able to relate to the cause and is passionate about it - maybe there's a girl at your school with diabetes or a learning difficulty, or has a family member with a disability.
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne