Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 18, 2024, 04:59:29 am

Author Topic: Context: Identity and Belonging examples  (Read 3033 times)  Share 

[email protected]

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Christian Brother College
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Context: Identity and Belonging examples
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:29 pm »
Hey everyone,
Was just wondering what people are using for examples when writing for Identity and Belonging?
I'm personally using examples from history of Aboriginals and White settlement, A Breakfast Club and American Beauty.

katiesaliba

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
  • School: The University of Melbourne
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Context: Identity and Belonging examples
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:08:51 am »
Hey everyone,
Was just wondering what people are using for examples when writing for Identity and Belonging?
I'm personally using examples from history of Aboriginals and White settlement, A Breakfast Club and American Beauty.

Hiya :)

I'll probably discuss social issues and occurrences, like puberty, discrimination and bullying. BUT THEN AGAIN, I think I'll inevitably chuck in a Disney reference, or two ahaha!
I also find allegories and fables really great to draw ideas from :)
Bachelor of Science (Immunology major) - The University of Melbourne

PsychoT

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm doing the Ferguson conflict in the states
2014 - Chemistry [?] English [?] Further Maths [?] Geography [?] Business Management [?]

Vermilliona

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 06:08:46 pm »
I'm doing a creative based on the Indigenous land rights homelands movement and the government's lack of support for it. I know white settlement is a common topic, but hopefully my perspective is different/niche enough.. Idk
2012 - LOTE Ukrainian 50
2013- Global Politics 47
2014- English 47, French 47, Psychology 45, Revolutions 49 (99.90)

Offering tutoring in Global Politics, Psychology and History! PM or contact as per http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/nunawading/language-tutoring/global-politics-vce-tutoring-melbourne/1065783700

Splash-Tackle-Flail

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • diagnosed with bangali-fever
  • Respect: +94
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 07:57:22 pm »
Hiya :)

I'll probably discuss social issues and occurrences, like puberty, discrimination and bullying. BUT THEN AGAIN, I think I'll inevitably chuck in a Disney reference, or two ahaha!
I also find allegories and fables really great to draw ideas from :)

I remember I used Aladdin in my Unit 1 context exam, which had a prompt along the lines of how people change their identity to feel acceptance in a group!

TO the OP, you could also try some movies such as Into the Wild, to show conflicts in peoples values, societies expectations, and how it affects our sense of belonging. I also like to use songs that are related as something different, as context is so flexible in what you can write, and it helps to stand out as most of my class write on example covered in class!

Back on the Disney topic, I was thinking Monsters University could be used as a reference, especially with Mike Wazowski (or however you spell his last name :))
VCE: Done!
2016:  Monash University, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (Honours)
Currently offering Methods and Chemistry tutoring for 2016! (Currently full for 2016)
Splash's Life Tips :)
How to be the one who knocks

katiesaliba

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
  • School: The University of Melbourne
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
I remember I used Aladdin in my Unit 1 context exam, which had a prompt along the lines of how people change their identity to feel acceptance in a group!

TO the OP, you could also try some movies such as Into the Wild, to show conflicts in peoples values, societies expectations, and how it affects our sense of belonging. I also like to use songs that are related as something different, as context is so flexible in what you can write, and it helps to stand out as most of my class write on example covered in class!

Back on the Disney topic, I was thinking Monsters University could be used as a reference, especially with Mike Wazowski (or however you spell his last name :))

Fantastic! I will probably reference Mulan if anything :')
Bachelor of Science (Immunology major) - The University of Melbourne

[email protected]

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 10:59:11 pm »

Yeah I used that in  sac once about how Christofer McCandless needed to find a sense of identity from being void of all human contact.
Thus, when realizing (as stated in his diary) that he needs human contact. Talked about our intrinsic nature to belong and such. 

[email protected]

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 11:09:15 pm »
I'm doing the Ferguson conflict in the states

What exactly are you exploring with that issue for Identity and Belonging?