Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 04:56:27 am

Author Topic: can i still get an atar of 98+ ?  (Read 2505 times)  Share 

spm1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2016
can i still get an atar of 98+ ?
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:28:46 am »
my first two sacs didn't go so well :/ can i still turn things around by working really hard and achieve my atar aim?

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +26
Re: can i still get an atar of 98+ ?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:09 am »
+2
my first two sacs didn't go so well :/ can i still turn things around by working really hard and achieve my atar aim?

of course! You still have many sacs and your exams to go! Work hard, it's just a chink in your armour - you can still kill it :)

good lucK!!
Uni and life

Vin

• Adventurer
  • Tiptoeing through the tulips
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:26:28 pm »
Don't look back , keep your eyes foward and keep moving ! And yes , you can acheive that as long as you perform better than others in upcoming SACs. Just remember there is always HOPE.  :)
RAW :
2015: VET Engineering ( 38 )

2016 : Methods (34) , Further (37) , English Language (29)   , Chemistry (25 LOL RIP) , Physics (32)

ATAR 2016 : 83.20

spm1

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:51 am »
thanks for your replies guys!!
but what about rankings and stuff? because i didn't do well on my first few sacs i would've been ranked close to the bottom
does that mean if i do well on my final exam someone else will get that mark?
am i screwed?

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:11 am »
thanks for your replies guys!!
but what about rankings and stuff? because i didn't do well on my first few sacs i would've been ranked close to the bottom
does that mean if i do well on my final exam someone else will get that mark?
am i screwed?

sorta! essentially your sac scores will depend on your ranking and your own exam score as well as your cohort's exam scores and ranking. Don't worry aboutit too much, focus on getting as close to 100% on every sac from now on and do many practice exams! ask your teachers questions!!!!
Uni and life

spm1

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:48 pm »
sorta! essentially your sac scores will depend on your ranking and your own exam score as well as your cohort's exam scores and ranking. Don't worry aboutit too much, focus on getting as close to 100% on every sac from now on and do many practice exams! ask your teachers questions!!!!

sorry one more question, i might have got this all wrong, but if i do better than rank 1 on the end of year exam does that mean i will get their sac mark??? so confused

HasibA

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:41 pm »
sorry one more question, i might have got this all wrong, but if i do better than rank 1 on the end of year exam does that mean i will get their sac mark??? so confused

unfortunately , no. eg. your number three in your cohort, you kill your exam, but rank 1 and 2 dont do well, you will get their exam score as your 'new' sac score, but you're exam score will stay the same. Sacs only ever change. If you do really well in your exam, and you aren't rank 1 and not in a really academically strong school, you will be 'limited' per se.

essentially, aim for top of the class and ensure you can do well in the exam! If at the end you're not, you may be dragged up or down based on how well your whole 'group' does :)

edit: may have confused you and anyone else reading this, either PM me or read a post by Hamo94 that talks about sac scores and moderation , i'd link it but i can't find it :p
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:46:17 pm by HasibA »
Uni and life

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 03:39:19 pm »
Dat rankings post y'all was lookin' for.

Answering the original question:
- Yes, you can still get that ATAR.  Absolutely possible.
- Yes, it will require some change in your SAC/exam scores in future.
- And yes, that will require you to change something: how you study, how much you study, what you study, how you approach the SAC, etc. - which will require you to analyse what held you back those past SACs, and how to change that.
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care