Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 01:41:13 pm

Author Topic: Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars  (Read 6088 times)  Share 

appianway

Re: Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 05:05:33 pm »
4 of the 5 people who applied from my school were chosen...

:o You serious?! Which school?

Some of the girls who got rejected from my school are absolutely amazing individuals.

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 05:15:21 pm »
4 of the 5 people who applied from my school were chosen...

:o You serious?! Which school?

Some of the girls who got rejected from my school are absolutely amazing individuals.

It's not one anyone would have heard of; it's classed as underrepresented most years.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

xXNovaxX

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 05:30:44 pm »
....hate to be a party pooper, but it sorta sounds lame :S to be a KDLY. I read what u get, and do and stuff, but do you really need to apply to go to lectures, and have celebration evenings and stuff :S. But for those who get it, congratz :D

(I only skimmed through it, I coulda missed a big part of it)

khalil

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:42 pm »
pfft I'm a KLD scholar and its quite pathetic, the lectures are crap and the food is soggy and healthy

xXNovaxX

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 05:45:51 pm »
mmmm soggy food

n.f

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:48:45 pm »
I guess the library card could be useful if you're close enough to the uni; I agree about the lectures. The biology one that I attended mid-year was just about multiple choice traps for an hour (yawn).

khalil

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:50:09 pm »
I guess the library card could be useful if you're close enough to the uni; I agree about the lectures. The biology one that I attended mid-year was just about multiple choice traps for an hour (yawn).

Go to the ERC libary in melb uni and you will get any study guide imagineable, also any TEACHER editions

n.f

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:01 pm »
Go to the ERC libary in melb uni and you will get any study guide imagineable, also any TEACHER editions
It's about one and a half hours into the uni from my house. Next year when I'm doing UMEP the opportunity will be there.

khalil

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 06:00:24 pm »
It's about one and a half hours into the uni from my house. Next year when I'm doing UMEP the opportunity will be there.

but you cant borrow any book you want...there are restrictions, so what you do is get the CD from the back of the book and transfer it to ur USB...but theres no need cos' everything is on this site!

appianway

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 06:01:29 pm »
I think the KLDYS benefits revolve more around the preferential entry into biomed/commerce, the guaranteed exchange scholarship, the networking and the prestige of being selected.

khalil

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 06:03:44 pm »
I think the KLDYS benefits revolve more around the preferential entry into biomed/commerce, the guaranteed exchange scholarship, the networking and the prestige of being selected.

Looks like I'll never know cos' I do not ever want to go to Melb Uni. Its soo old and depressing

appianway

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 06:14:08 pm »
But the buildings are pretty...

xXNovaxX

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 06:32:35 pm »
But the buildings are pretty...
+1. They are!!! I feel like i go into a medieval world, the ivy growing on the sandy walls!!!! It's like a village.

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 10:51:03 am »

Looks like I'll never know cos' I do not ever want to go to Melb Uni. Its soo old and depressing

Not really. Yes, there are some parts that are old, however there are plenty of new facilities such as the Sidney Myer Asia centre and The Spot. Checkout this lecture theater:

http://www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/assets/images/fsnews/2009/june/thespot_theatre.jpg
2007-08 VCE - Accounting, Texts & Traditions, Methods, Chem, Physics, Lit

2011 Bachelor of Biomedicine (Completed) @ The University of Melbourne
2012 Doctor of Medicine (Second Year) @ The University of Melbourne

khalil

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:15:21 am »
Also, the law building which is totally seperate from the uni, thats really nice