Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 04, 2024, 06:33:17 pm

Author Topic: Mac Rob interview yr 10 entry  (Read 8250 times)  Share 

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
Re: Mac Rob interview yr 10 entry
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 09:34:30 am »
You're so smart and lucky. I tried out for Nossal year 11 entry and they said I was in the top 5. So I waited and waited and waited. Come November and my parents personally went to the school to ask and were told that there weren't any spots available, so no one had been accepted. I personally felt scammed, but I'm glad you had a good experience with this. Good luck!

My tip is for you is to be honest, but to choose your words carefully and think your answers through before you say it. If you need time to do this, a good way to buy time would be to repeat the question as a starting phrase, which will buy you another few seconds to formulate a good response to the question, while also making sure that you don't go off topic.

This is an example of what NOT to say:
"Why do you want to go to this school?"
"Because it's convenient for me."

That answer could've been the truth, but it wasn't getting at the point of the question. Always question why those questions are being asked; what are they trying to find out about you through those questions? If you understand the motivation behind their questioning, I'm sure you'll ace the interview.
That's a very unfortunate situation. At least you gained some experience from the exam. Great advice though! :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:28:55 am by GalacticProcess »

caqiu

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 10:25:07 am »
Hey, If they ask why you would come to our school instead of yours, I currently go to a good private girls school (not on a scholarship) I don't have anything to say, any suggestion?

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 10:31:47 am »
Hey, If they ask why you would come to our school instead of yours, I currently go to a good private girls school (not on a scholarship) I don't have anything to say, any suggestion?
You can talk about things like facilities, like-minded peers and what not. This is a personal question and every person will have different reasons. The two that I have said are very common, and so you should think of genuine reasons of why you want to go to the school. It's important not to make up reasons. :)

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 10:35:10 am »
You can talk about things like facilities, like-minded peers and what not. This is a personal question and every person will have different reasons. The two that I have said are very common, and so you should think of genuine reasons of why you want to go to the school. It's important not to make up reasons. :)
Thanks

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:33 am »

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »
Guys I've got my interview tomorrow so nervous!

emi87

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 07:04:03 pm »
Did mine today, and it was extremely medicore, all my answers were average, nothing stood out. I doubt they'll remember me, let alone choose me...

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 10:42:05 pm »
Did mine today, and it was extremely medicore, all my answers were average, nothing stood out. I doubt they'll remember me, let alone choose me...
I bet you did fine, for my interview tomorrow I'm going to say so many um and pauses, I won't even know what to say since I get anxious easily

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 02:50:19 pm »
I did my interview today, I was so nervous and paused a lot since I didn't know what to say

pinkblossoms

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 04:48:17 pm »
I did my interview today, I was so nervous and paused a lot since I didn't know what to say

Hey caqiu!

Good job on completing your interview! All your hard work has paid off! :)
How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask you? How long was it?
Apologies for asking so many questions but I hope that it can help others!

Thank you :D

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 07:13:38 pm »
Hey caqiu!

Good job on completing your interview! All your hard work has paid off! :)
How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask you? How long was it?
Apologies for asking so many questions but I hope that it can help others!

Thank you :D
Hey,
I'm currently quite busy but I think I might create a forum soon about my experience for the interview and the test for MacRob and maybe also JMSS.
Thanks

Jessica1231

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 07:30:51 pm »
I had mine yesterday. I was so nervous as well. When are they going to send the email,anyone knows?    :-[ :-[

caqiu

• Forum Regular
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »
I had mine yesterday. I was so nervous as well. When are they going to send the email,anyone knows?    :-[ :-[
They told me Maybe next week, not sure though don't count on my words good luck to you!