Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 03:15:46 pm

Author Topic: HSC Essay Questions from the syllabus  (Read 2389 times)  Share 

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
HSC Essay Questions from the syllabus
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:54:20 am »
Seeing as there's 40 days until HSC begins, I'd thought i'd focus on alllllll of my weak areas. As to not be surprised in the exam, I was wondering which 'students learn to' dot points for Crime can be assessed, or would be assessed for the extended response.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: HSC Essay Questions from the syllabus
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:34:38 am »
+2
Seeing as there's 40 days until HSC begins, I'd thought i'd focus on alllllll of my weak areas. As to not be surprised in the exam, I was wondering which 'students learn to' dot points for Crime can be assessed, or would be assessed for the extended response.

Hey! Pretty much anything in the Crime syllabus can be assessed in an extended response, except perhaps the 'Nature of Crime' dot points which you really only get in the MC section. So to answer your question, you need to know it all!

For the extended response, you should also look at the themes and challenges at the top of the crime section! Pretty high likelihood that one of those shows up this year I reckon ;D

Kaan709

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:44 pm »
Hey! Pretty much anything in the Crime syllabus can be assessed in an extended response, except perhaps the 'Nature of Crime' dot points which you really only get in the MC section. So to answer your question, you need to know it all!

For the extended response, you should also look at the themes and challenges at the top of the crime section! Pretty high likelihood that one of those shows up this year I reckon ;D

Yay! I just got a past paper question on the 'nature of crime affecting the criminal trail process' aha. Thank you!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 04:14:57 pm »

Don't forget to also look at the situational and social crime prevention dot point in nature of crime! That's the only area I can see from that section that can be turned into an essay question, infact it was my trial question with a statement saying that the focus needs to be on prevention rather than punishment
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)