Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 04:07:04 pm

Author Topic: Year 11 vce  (Read 634 times)  Share 

PoliteGeneral

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Year 11 vce
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:05:25 pm »
I'm currently doing year 11 vce and i'm far behind on my work. Can I still pass without getting an S for all of my subjects? Or do I need an S to go on to year 12

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Year 11 vce
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:41:40 pm »
+2
Hey,
According to VCAA yes you can do year 12 whilst failing some VCE units. However your school may not let you.

There are some that you need to pass though:
You need to pass at least one of unit 1 or unit 2 english
You also must pass at least 16 Units. Normally this is at least 4 subjects (units 1-4) however you could do 5 subjects and fail 3 units.

We're only a month into school, you can definitely catch up. Your best option here is to talk to your teachers and tell them that you are struggling to keep up with the work. You do not need to complete all work to get an 'S'. But how much you do need to do is up to your school. Your teachers will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do to get an S. Normally this will be the SACs and a little bit of homework, attendance, and class participation, although it varies depending on the school

Quote from: VCAA
To earn your VCE, you must satisfactorily complete at least 16 units.

Regardless of how many units you do altogether, you must satisfactorily complete:

At least three units from the English group listed below:

Foundation English Units 1 and 2
English Units 1 to 4
English as an Additional Language (EAL) Units 3 and 4
English Language Units 1 to 4
Literature Units 1 to 4

At least one of these units must be at Unit 3 or 4 level. However, VTAC advises that for the calculation of the ATAR, students must satisfactorily complete both Unit 3 and Unit 4 of an English sequence.

Three sequences of Unit 3 and 4 studies in addition to the sequence chosen from the English group. These sequences can be from VCE studies and/or VCE VET programs.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra