Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 13, 2024, 08:28:31 pm

Author Topic: Should I do HHD??  (Read 1051 times)  Share 

kateross

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Warrnambool College
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Should I do HHD??
« on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:01 pm »
Hey guys,
I've just started HHD 3/4 and I'm struggling to find motivation to study for it as I don't really enjoy the subject. I want to drop it as I will still finish VCE with 7 unit 3/4 subjects without HHD. Just want someone else's opinion on what I should do!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Should I do HHD??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:25:03 am »
+2
Hey guys,
I've just started HHD 3/4 and I'm struggling to find motivation to study for it as I don't really enjoy the subject. I want to drop it as I will still finish VCE with 7 unit 3/4 subjects without HHD. Just want someone else's opinion on what I should do!

Hey hey! Welcome to ATAR Notes. :)

What other subjects are you doing this year? How have you gone in your previous 3/4s? What are you aiming for?

My gut instinct is that if you're not enjoying the subject, or struggling to study for it, and don't need it as a pre-requisite (which I assume you don't), there's not that much benefit in keeping it. As you may know, having seven subjects already means that one ultimately won't count toward your ATAR, so doing an eighth for the sake of it probably suggests that time could be better spent doing other things (such as investing more time into your remaining subjects). This is particularly the case if you're sitting on scores you're happy with already.

I loved HHD myself, but in your situation (based on what you've said), I'd probably drop it. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.