Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 03:22:57 pm

Author Topic: How much for a 15 Marker?  (Read 7788 times)  Share 

Julmus00

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
How much for a 15 Marker?
« on: July 30, 2018, 06:58:21 pm »
Hi everyone, in regards to the 15 Markers for Ancient, like the ones for our Historical Society and Personality Study, how much is the expected length of response? How many words roughly or how many writing booklets? Is it pretty much just like a mini essay?

If anyone could answer my question, especially since we are in the lead up to trials, that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank YOU!

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: How much for a 15 Marker?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:21:45 pm »
+3
Heya!

It's more a quality > quality approach when it comes to 15 markers. Though for the length, it kind of differs for Historical Society and Personality Study. For the society, there are two/three other questions whilst for the personality study, there's only one other question. But 15 markers should be approached like a mini essay- so the better the integration of sources and your explanation, the better your marks :)

Historical society:
15 marker should take around ~20-25 minutes so about 3-5 pages should suffice (this depends on how small/big your handwriting is!) Around three body paragraphs should be fine.

Personality study
The 15 marker should take around ~20-30 minutes so 3-4 pages should be fine (again, this depends on how small/big your handwriting is). This 15 marker mini essay should be longer than of the 15 marker in the historical society section as you are only given 2 questions in the personality section rather than 3/4 questions in the societies section.

If anyone else has any insight, feel free :) The marks for each question should determine how long you should write for and for how much you need to write. Hope this helps :)

Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Seanclair

• Adventurer
  • "I can, and I will"
  • Respect: +55
Re: How much for a 15 Marker?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:36 pm »
+1
I've always approached each section (obviously besides section 1) as, give or take, being around 800-1000 words worth of writing. So if you're writing 800-1000 words for 25 marks, then do the maths and 15 marks should be roughly 500-600 words. That's how long my 15 markers usually are :)
HSC 2018:
English Advanced
Studies of Religion 2
Ancient History
History Extension
Legal Studies
Geography