Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 09:16:10 am

Author Topic: Mod A extract in question  (Read 640 times)

caitstar123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Mod A extract in question
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »
Hey everyone,

This might sound like a silly question but my friend was talking to me about it earlier and now it kind of has me worried.

For mod A, we are doing The Great Gatsby and Browing's sonnets (8 altogether). Do you you think that they could ask us to use a specific sonnet in our response without giving us an extract of it? I'm kind of worried because how would they expect us to know quotes from all sonnets.

Thanks  ;D
English Advanced | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Chemistry | Dance | Modern History |

ATAR goal: 95

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Mod A extract in question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 08:37:28 pm »
+2
Hey, caitstar123!  ;D

I don't think any question is silly  :D In fact, not asking a question when you need an answer would be silly  ;)

I highly doubt they would specify a poem for AOS, Module A and Module C. They have only specified poems in Module B (correct me if I am wrong) so if it happens, then that is just incredibly unfair for a lot of people. In saying that, if they do for whatever reason specify a poem, they should provide an extract to go along with it. Otherwise, that would, again, be unfair for a lot of people.

If you want to come into the exam avoiding that as a possible risk, consider learning two short quotes from the other poems in case it does happen. They do not have to be long ones, just the word with the technique and possibly a word or two on either side. If you keep them short, it will be easier for you to remember them. Choose quotes which you like and that resonate with you so it will also help you remember them better in the exam. This would be the best way to eliminate that fear  ;D

Good luck for your exams and all the best  ;D ;D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

caitstar123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Mod A extract in question
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:45 pm »
+1
Hey, caitstar123!  ;D

I don't think any question is silly  :D In fact, not asking a question when you need an answer would be silly  ;)

I highly doubt they would specify a poem for AOS, Module A and Module C. They have only specified poems in Module B (correct me if I am wrong) so if it happens, then that is just incredibly unfair for a lot of people. In saying that, if they do for whatever reason specify a poem, they should provide an extract to go along with it. Otherwise, that would, again, be unfair for a lot of people.

If you want to come into the exam avoiding that as a possible risk, consider learning two short quotes from the other poems in case it does happen. They do not have to be long ones, just the word with the technique and possibly a word or two on either side. If you keep them short, it will be easier for you to remember them. Choose quotes which you like and that resonate with you so it will also help you remember them better in the exam. This would be the best way to eliminate that fear  ;D

Good luck for your exams and all the best  ;D ;D

Angelina  ;D

Hey Angelina,

Thank you so much for your response! Yeah, it would be pretty unfair if they did that to be honest!!

That sounds good, I think I'll just prepare something really simple from the other poems but won't stress too much about it.

Thank you again!  :D

Caitstar  ;D
English Advanced | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Chemistry | Dance | Modern History |

ATAR goal: 95