Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 03:56:20 pm

Author Topic: "passed" all sacs, didnt do holiday homework hence failing unit 4???  (Read 1072 times)  Share 

Ansaki

• Adventurer
  • With hardship come ease.
  • Respect: 0
Alrighty guys, my teacher announced on Tuesday that if you didn't do the holiday homework it was our loss but it didn't matter. I'm confused and scared (scared because if you fail Unit 4 of English -> you fail English -> and fail year 12) cause today at the end of period 4 he goes "If you don't submit the holiday homework by 4:30 PM your failing Unit 4 and a phone call home". Now being a professional procrastinator I decided to do English work in Methods and complete an essay. So I sent him that essay after school. The thing I don't understand is that I have "passed" all my SAC's so far for English (For Unit 3 and Unit 4) and have achieved decent results in them too. My question is that can they fail me because I didn't hand in Holiday Homework? but passed all my SAC's. not fair.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:01:24 pm by Ansaki »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: "passed" all sacs, didnt do holiday homework hence failing unit 4???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 05:04:47 pm »
+4
That is super duper frustrating, and I feel like there is no way that they can fail you for that! If they do, definitely try to talk to someone higher up about it and see what can be done. I feel like it's more of an empty threat than anything else, but you never know.

seems retarded.

I think that there are so many better words you could use to express your frustration. I work with kids with disabilities and that word is super hurtful because of the way that it has been used in the past. Some further reading about it.

Ansaki

• Adventurer
  • With hardship come ease.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 06:00:25 pm »
+2
That is super duper frustrating, and I feel like there is no way that they can fail you for that! If they do, definitely try to talk to someone higher up about it and see what can be done. I feel like it's more of an empty threat than anything else, but you never know.

I think that there are so many better words you could use to express your frustration. I work with kids with disabilities and that word is super hurtful because of the way that it has been used in the past. Some further reading about it.

yeah after a bit of talking to others in my class they also took it as an empty threat. but we'll find out on tuesday. thanks for your response tho!

and i sincerely apologise for my use of language. i didn't mean to offend it was more of a "in the moment" thing. i am sorry if i may have hurt you. i have also edited my post accordingly.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:02:39 pm »
and i sincerely apologise for my use of language. i didn't mean to offend it was more of a "in the moment" thing. i am sorry if i may have hurt you. i have also edited my post accordingly.

haha i appreciate it! more just a little thing that gets on my nerves tan anything else! so glad it's probably an empty threat. let us know how it goes ;D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 06:39:46 pm »
+1
Short answer: No.

Explanation: To "pass", you need to demonstrate an understanding of the outcomes as per study design. That is what constitutes a S or N for VCE units. Provided that you are doing all of the work in-class and all the SACs, that should be enough to demonstrate an understanding. Of course, this could really have all been avoided if you did it to begin with. Lack of homework being completed is mostly an attitude issue, if anything. I understand your frustration but you put yourself in this position and the blame lies with you, not your teacher or anybody else. If it escalates, speak to the Head of English (or equivalent) or your coordinator.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:42:25 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile