Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 08:40:42 am

Author Topic: Is anyone up to chapter 4 in math methods units 1&2?  (Read 726 times)  Share 

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Is anyone up to chapter 4 in math methods units 1&2?
« on: March 03, 2020, 05:29:25 pm »
If you are up to that chapter 4  how are you guys finding it?,  Am I the only one that is learning new contents?

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: Is anyone up to chapter 4 in math methods units 1&2?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:59:30 pm »
+1
Hi Rose :)

What textbook are you using? My school is up to chapter 4 of Jacaranda Maths Quest (polynomials). I'm finding it okay so far. How are you finding it?

What I've noticed is that there are varying approaches to the subject by the people in my methods cohort. Some people have learnt and/or mastered the course in previous years or are self-learning / getting a tutor to get ahead on the content, whereas other people are learning the content for the first time in class.

Some people find it helpful to get a grasp of a concept before it is taught in class which can help with consolidating knowledge and understanding. In saying this, it's completely normal to be learning content for the first time in class.

All the best with methods! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Rose34

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:15:25 pm »
Hi Rose :)

What textbook are you using? My school is up to chapter 4 of Jacaranda Maths Quest (polynomials). I'm finding it okay so far. How are you finding it?

What I've noticed is that there are varying approaches to the subject by the people in my methods cohort. Some people have learnt and/or mastered the course in previous years or are self-learning / getting a tutor to get ahead on the content, whereas other people are learning the content for the first time in class.

Some people find it helpful to get a grasp of a concept before it is taught in class which can help with consolidating knowledge and understanding. In saying this, it's completely normal to be learning content for the first time in class.

All the best with methods! :)

The text book that we are using is this: CAMBRIDGE SENIOR MATHS AC/VCE: MATHEMATICAL METHODS UNITS 1&2
it has a red with some grey colour.
chapter 4 is called "gallery of graphs", it is my first time doing this kind of graphs. How about you have you done it yet?

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 08:54:33 pm »
That's the chapter with graphs such as rectangular hyperbolas and circles, right?

So far in methods, we've only covered linear and quadratic graphs. Think those graphs are in the next few chapters of Maths Quest!

Hope it goes well (and that you enjoy learning about all those cool graphs!) :)

2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

Rose34

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 10:11:19 pm »
+1
That's the chapter with graphs such as rectangular hyperbolas and circles, right?

So far in methods, we've only covered linear and quadratic graphs. Think those graphs are in the next few chapters of Maths Quest!

Hope it goes well (and that you enjoy learning about all those cool graphs!) :)

Yeah its Hyperbola and circles etc..
To be honest it is fun and interesting to learn the hyperbola graphs.