Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 01:38:01 pm

Author Topic: Opinions on Mind Mapping as a note taking technique?  (Read 458 times)  Share 

davit_with_a_t

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Opinions on Mind Mapping as a note taking technique?
« on: April 18, 2020, 04:32:38 pm »
I'm just curious whether people used or use mind maps for notetaking / revision, how effective it was for them and what category of subjects they recommend it for (science, maths, etc)?

I might slowly get into the habit of creating mind maps for software development or chemistry / physics.

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Opinions on Mind Mapping as a note taking technique?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 05:25:56 pm »
+3
I personally love mindmapping! I dont do it at a constant thing for each and every topic I leanr, rather at the end of semester or something like that. I do this because then I can have all the topics on the one page and have links and arrows to see which concepts interrelate etc.

I like mindmapping because it helps to see a bigger picture and see how one topic affects/connects with another. Not to mention, I love using colour and pictures and mindmapping is great for this!

I usually do mindmapping for science subjects or English texts as for me, thats what has the most content to learn.

SanchaTheSeeker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +10
Re: Opinions on Mind Mapping as a note taking technique?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 05:43:46 pm »
+3
I like to rewrite my notes using mindmaps and different colours. It takes up a lot of space on the page and can be a bit messy if the lesson isn't structured well or if one topic has a bazillion things related to it. I sometimes use it because it's a really easy way to find information and it looks cool
“Our life is a constant journey, from birth to death. The landscape changes, the people change, our needs change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station.”

― Paulo Coelho

Train nerd, Venturer Scout, and JMSS hoomun

JMSS guide: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189547

ig: @sfaunncgha