Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 12:26:51 pm

Author Topic: Choosing My Text Response Text  (Read 807 times)  Share 

rkjthguakj

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +45
Choosing My Text Response Text
« on: September 08, 2020, 09:42:04 am »
Hi AN,

As many of you would know, for the text response section of the exam, we can choose to write the text from our creative SAC or our text response SAC. I personally really want to choose to write on my creative SAC text, Rear Window, but my school is only willing to teach and prep us to write for our text response SAC text, Selected Poems from William Wordsworth.

I have an English tutor who is happy to help me with whichever text I choose and says it is ultimately up to me what I write in the exam since nothing is technically stopping me from writing on Rear Window. I absolutely hate poetry and Wordsworth and know I am going to have a better time writing and preparing for a Rear Window essay.

However, in terms of wanting to maximise my exam score, it seems more logical to write on Wordsworth because I am getting the maximised preparation. If I choose to write on Rear Window for the exam, it's likely I'll have to also take up the Wordsworth preparation just to satisfy my school and teacher. (We have mock exams and I would have to write at least one essay on Wordsworth).

When it comes to my essay experience and SAC scores, the Rear Window SAC was my worst SAC score but most of it can be attributed to my writing of the structure as a script rather than my knowledge of content. My Wordsworth text response SAC was about my SAC average score, but I felt it could've been a better score if I had actually enjoyed the text since my analysis was very surface level.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I'm still leaning towards wanting to write on Rear Window but I am still quite conflicted
2019: Business Management
2020: English | Methods | Economics | Legal Studies | Global Politics
2021: Bachelor of Commerce @ UniMelb
2022- 2024: Bachelor of Arts @ UniMelb | Diploma in Languages (Chinese)

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: Choosing My Text Response Text
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:50:57 am »
+1
Hi AN,

As many of you would know, for the text response section of the exam, we can choose to write the text from our creative SAC or our text response SAC. I personally really want to choose to write on my creative SAC text, Rear Window, but my school is only willing to teach and prep us to write for our text response SAC text, Selected Poems from William Wordsworth.

I have an English tutor who is happy to help me with whichever text I choose and says it is ultimately up to me what I write in the exam since nothing is technically stopping me from writing on Rear Window. I absolutely hate poetry and Wordsworth and know I am going to have a better time writing and preparing for a Rear Window essay.

However, in terms of wanting to maximise my exam score, it seems more logical to write on Wordsworth because I am getting the maximised preparation. If I choose to write on Rear Window for the exam, it's likely I'll have to also take up the Wordsworth preparation just to satisfy my school and teacher. (We have mock exams and I would have to write at least one essay on Wordsworth).

When it comes to my essay experience and SAC scores, the Rear Window SAC was my worst SAC score but most of it can be attributed to my writing of the structure as a script rather than my knowledge of content. My Wordsworth text response SAC was about my SAC average score, but I felt it could've been a better score if I had actually enjoyed the text since my analysis was very surface level.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I'm still leaning towards wanting to write on Rear Window but I am still quite conflicted
I'm in a similar situation; my class are practically all doing poetry while I want to do Pride and Prejudice. The teacher has given me study guides but I need to work through them myself if I'm to do P&P. I am going to do P&P despite getting a higher TR score for poetry because I feel I understand/know it better. If you enjoy something more, you're more likely to prepare for it on your own. I advise doing Rear Window.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Choosing My Text Response Text
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:04:36 am »
+1
If you enjoy something more, you're more likely to prepare for it on your own. I advise doing Rear Window.

Cat in the Hat is right: I despise rear window and can sit there in tears for hours because I don’t know why the hell hitchcok made a man look out the window or what he was us 2020 folk to do with that info to change society. If you like the text go for it! I’m doing the comparitive and I relate to the race issues more and I actually get it!!!! Go for it!! Especially if your tutor is there to back you up :))
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝