Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 10:08:46 am

Author Topic: A day in the life of your uni/classes  (Read 1470 times)  Share 

humph

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +16
A day in the life of your uni/classes
« on: July 18, 2008, 03:46:30 pm »
...because there's one of these for high-schoolers, so we uni kids should have one too.

Bit hard seeing as it's holidays right now, but anyway...

Here's my usual Monday from last term:

12:00pm - wake up, having slept through my 10am class. Decide to sleep in a bit more, through my 12 o'clock class.
12:30 - get up, go to "lunch" (but really breakfast) at college. Have a massive bowl of coco pops, while still in my dressing gown. Everyone else is usually dressed, having been to class that morning.
1pm - have a shower, get dressed, all that.
1:30-1:50 - piss around on the computer for a bit, check my email and WebCT.
1:50 - head off to class
2-3pm - my Analysis 2 lecture. Just sit there and read the prescribed text while the lecturer talks. Don't take notes.
3-4pm (some days) - tutor an indigenous student in first year maths, physics, or linguistics. They organise to meet up with me when they need help...
4-5pm - head back to college. Catch up with friends. Probably piss around on the computer a bit more.
5-6pm - dinner at college. Probably something rubbish. College food = not great. Most likely just make myself a toasted sandwich.
6pm onwards - hang around with friends. Most likely play Mario Kart Wii in my neighbour's room. Possibly play cards. Drink cider. Watch TV shows on their computers.

Definitely not study.

1am - people start heading off to bed about now usually
1-4am - hang out with friends if they're still awake. If I have an assignment for a subject, this is when I'd normally work on it...
4am - head off to bed.

and that's about it. This semester I'll probably go to a few of the classes in the first two or three weeks though. After that... well, it's unlikely. I'm really not a fan of waking up before 12...
VCE 2006
PhB (Hons) (Sc), ANU, 2007-2010
MPhil, ANU, 2011-2012
PhD, Princeton, 2012-2017
Research Associate, University College London, 2017-2020
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, 2020-

Feel free to ask me about (advanced) mathematics.

bubble sunglasses

Re: A day in the life of your uni/classes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:49:57 pm »

cider >beer  esp French cider :)

Rietie

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 05:11:41 pm »
Ohhhhhh....
So that's why when mum phones you, you never pick up or you don't talk too long. It's either you're sleeping or out with your friends. *grumpy face*

Btw, I hate how you can do this and get god-like results.
2007 - History Revolutions (35)
2008 - English (40), Literature (37), National Politics (37), Maths Methods (32), History Renaissance (39)
ENTER: 93.20

2009 - Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
2010 - Bachelor of Classical Studies (ANU)
Majors: Ancient Greek, Ancient History, Archaeology

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:51 am »

This semester I'll probably go to a few of the classes in the first two or three weeks though. After that... well, it's unlikely. I'm really not a fan of waking up before 12...

ditto, before 12 is yucky...sleep is mmm... love to miss morning lectures
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just