Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 05:36:58 pm

Author Topic: Legal System Evaluation  (Read 1662 times)  Share 

mikail596

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Legal System Evaluation
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:53 am »
Hey, for our unit 4 outcome 3 SAC we're to write a legal system evaluation. anyone got a model i can study so i can make my own? my sac is tomorrow :/

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Legal System Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:35:18 pm »
If your SAC is asking for an 'evaluation of the legal system' - you should discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the adversary system, which is used in Australia. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of: the role of the judge, the role of the parties, the role of legal representation and the strict rules of evidence and procedure. I'm assuming that's what your SAC is essentially asking.

It might also be worth mentioning possible reforms to the adversary system from the inquisitorial system such as: for the judge to adopt a more active role in the proceedings of a case (i.e. question witnesses, decide what witnesses to call up and determine the admissibility of evidence etc.). Another possible reform is to adopt the use of written statements from witnesses, rather than just rely on oral statements given in court. Both these reforms ensure for a more timely resolution of disputes. Try to link your reforms to elements of an effective legal system. Good luck for your SAC.

Liuy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:26 pm »
Perhaps you could also discuss effective operation of the legal system and processes which contribute and hinder the functioning of the legal system.
i.e. Entitlement to a Fair and Unbiased Hearing, Effective Access to the Legal System and Timely Resolution of Disputes within our legal processes.
'10: Chinese SLA [38]
'11: Legal Studies [50] | English [44] | Physical Education [41] | Psychology [31] + Methods
ATAR:97.85

'12: Monash University - Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws

mikail596

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:16:05 am »
+2
Thankyou, because of your advice i was able to do really well :)