Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 23, 2024, 11:42:25 am

Author Topic: EXAM  (Read 2145 times)  Share 

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
EXAM
« on: November 14, 2008, 11:37:16 am »
theres no art section in the exam discussion so here is one :)
how did you all go?
i was so happy we got given colour and line :)

it was a really good exam and im so glad its all over
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

bec

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
Re: EXAM
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:31 pm »
ditto to all that!

I couldn't be happier with the questions - art was the subject I've neglected the most in terms of study but somehow the little revision that I did suited the exam perfectly (which was a relief, since it could've EASILY gone the other way!)

I was really surprised at how well it worked out - I did an analysis on "B" yesterday in terms of line so I was happy about that! And I've also studied Mondrian ("A") and I've read a fair bit about Banksy (the graffiti guy in Q3). I love it when things just work out!

I'm sure all of you went amazingly well, from what I've read on the site you seem pretty good with it all. I'm so relieved that it's over!

I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed doing that exam...question 2 was fun, I psychobabbled about the blue light photo and "suppressed traumas"...

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:08:50 pm »
i did the rat girl one, with the ear on the rat and i talked about gender and stereotypical beauty. choosing which to write interpretive frameworks on was the hardest part! and i remembered all my commentaries :)
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

eilatan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:11:03 pm »
yeah i felt good about the exam. i also neglected to study for it cos of spec (bloody hell!) and by the time art was coming round i was so studied out. but i tried my best and remembered quotes and i really wanted to write on Bacon, Bennett and Basquiat and they suited all the questions - YAY!

i did the Museum Dress worn by Kylie Minogue. and i liked the graffiti art thing for the debating art. i found that one easier to talk about than previous exams.

YAY i'm finished now. so happy!

Aurelie.

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:25:52 pm »
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the art exam too! I also neglected it a fair bit, after having politics and revs yesterday.

I was so happy we got colour and line as well! I LOATHE analyzing shape/form, so I was really glad we didn't get that! I was a bit iffy with those art works though.

I did that creepy Michael Jackson thing for question 2, and wrote on postmodernism. The art works were really interesting for that section, I thought. More less traditional art than usual.

When I saw the Banksy stencil I swear I almost cried with joy! Some of the works from past/prac exams have been so crap, but there was loads to talk about for it, and it was very familiar.
Did you guys say to remove it or keep it in the original location? ... I said top keep it there.

I thought Part B was more restrictive than previous years, but I still really liked the questions, focusing on Albert Tucker & Tracey Moffatt. I wrote all of my commentaries on our little name place card before I started, coz I was freaking out that I'd forget them!

All in all I was happy with it though... no more exams now!
~ Aura ~

social science, anyone?!

eilatan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 04:21:02 pm »
yeah i wrote to keep it there.cos as if ppl would actually visit an art gallery to specifically view graffiti/street art. (my opinion anway)

i was a little iffy with the artworks for the first question too although it made it easier with line and colour. I also noticed too that question 2 had less traditional artworks too. OMG i heard in the other exam room, one of the boys in my art class was trying to argue with the exam supervisor that the Transformer's movie still caption was wrong. he was saying something like Optimus Prime was chasing the other robot not vice versa. my friend's like 'who freakin cares?! they don't need/want to know about the plot anyways'...sigh.

no more exams - I'm free! best feeling ever! just gotta concentrate on my uni interviews now.

cootcoot

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:29:03 pm »
yeah, i really liked it, i was so worried it was gonna be about like space and form or something, i did the stolen children one, arghhh, art exams makes me happy, they're the one exam which i actually enjoy doing.
2007: Psychology
2008: Indo SL, Chemistry, Maths Methods CAS, Art, English

nolitta

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »
did anyone find it really long and hard to finish in the time limit?
the dimond scull commentary on Q 7 was reallly cool

nolitta

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »
it wasnt colour and line..
I had line and shape...
is this forum studio art or art?