Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 11:38:54 am

Author Topic: Roy Morgan research interviewers  (Read 1283 times)  Share 

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Roy Morgan research interviewers
« on: March 10, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »
Hey everyone, just wanting your valued opinion on this.

As some of you may be aware, I'm deferring this year. I'm working in retail at the moment and am wanting a little bit of extra cash through the attainment of a second job. I'm finding retail to be fairly unstimulating but noticed an advertisement in the local paper which attracted my attention.

The advertisement is seeking people to work with a company known as Roy Morgan research. It basically involves going around my local area conducting face-to-face interviews on various issues.

It says, "previous experience in market research or census work would be an advantage but not essential". I'm wondering whether my age and experience is going to be an issue? I'd really love to do it..it sounds really interesting and rewarding.

I've emailed the company but just wondering what your views are on my suitability given my age? Thanks in advance.  :)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Re: Roy Morgan research interviewers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
I'm not sure how much age matters but it's worth a shot. As long as you can display the personality traits required I don't see why there would be a problem.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:49:14 am »
How will you ever know if you don't try =D

Go for it!
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:29:47 pm »
Lol, a person from Roy Morgan interviewed me two weeks ago. The peculiar thing was, the lady seemed uninterested, and had a look of spite in her eyes. But that is not to degrade the company, I got great freebies out of that interview :)