Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 23, 2024, 06:57:45 pm

Author Topic: wat to wear to the formal  (Read 1841 times)  Share 

tia

Re: wat to wear to the formal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 11:03:48 am »
http://www.theage.com.au/news/people/classroom-to-ballroom/2008/05/26/1211653941429.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Pretty standard article, looks a bit like a spacefiller.

the pic of the dress they had in it wasn't that hot though :(

chikopapi

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:54:59 pm »
What do guys sposed to wear? Suit or tux?

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »
^A suit
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

To sort out the confusion: I'm a girl!

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »
i think it depends on the dress code the school has chosen to adopt

ours was "formal" ties compulsory or something

most people wore suits other just wore pants shit and a tie. 
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:52:14 pm »
Yeah... I don't like the pictured dress much either... and I would certainly not pay $350+ for it.
You know, I wouldn't pay $350 for any dress. Well... maybe a wedding dress. Maybe. Eh.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

droodles

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:08:54 pm »

perfectscore

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:39:33 pm »
nice !

asdf

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »
formals are just so "formaly" its just a big excuse for nothing really i mean what do you actually do at them? its basically here i know what we can do lets have an even where everyone feels pressured and obliged to come unless they want to be a social outcast and then we can all dress up in uncomfortable and stupidly expensive clothes oh yeah and did i mention that we have to pay for this evening and the limo because anyone with out a limo is a no one and then you have to pay for the after party which is always a major let down and the only laugh you get for the whole night is when you see two people who you thought would never even speak to each other exchanging saliva whilst or just after "grinding" each other. but wait back to the formal dont get ahead of yourself which is basically all that happens on formal night. now once you arrive at your formal make sure you set up numerous pictures so that you will have plenty for your myspace now go say hello to all those people you really dont want to talk to but its the formal you have to talk to them GRREEAATT. and then its time to finally sit down and enjoy the dinner ($50) about two thirds of the ticket to get in. well surely its worth it then it must be a good dinner oh no wait its not its mass produced food that everyone excitedly decides to throw around the room. but thats alright your sitting with your friends and there formal dates oh no your not because the tables can only hold a certain amount of people and everyone else just wants to on the table that they want to be at so nothing ever gets done there. WAIT whats that oh wait yes, yes its the dj. DJ CRAP yes the ever well known songs start to play as vitamin c's friends forever begins and everyone slowly moves or drunkenly moves onto the dance area. you then decide to go along but wait you cant get in the middle you are stuck on the outside and all those whom arent dancing are looking at you and you look like a fool. but its alright because the djs crap music is taking most of the attention and mostly everyone is drunk so they wont remember what you looked like. so wait they wont remember what i looked like then why does it matter what you wear?

that was just my little story on how some things about the formal arent so great and i didnt even mention so many other things such as the stupid anticipation on leading up to the day and trying to find someone to go with...

but hey i cant wait until my formal!!!!
99.95 ENTER

Rietie

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +47
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »
I liked my last formal. It was fun. And I like dressing up and looking good for once and then seeing all my friends and classmates dress up and have fun. And we don't grind at all. We dance to crappy 90's music and laugh. So... my opinion is that formals are fun things to go to.

Sorry for saying 'fun' so many times.
2007 - History Revolutions (35)
2008 - English (40), Literature (37), National Politics (37), Maths Methods (32), History Renaissance (39)
ENTER: 93.20

2009 - Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
2010 - Bachelor of Classical Studies (ANU)
Majors: Ancient Greek, Ancient History, Archaeology

perfectscore

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:15:32 am »
has your formal finished? most schools have had them apparntly

transgression

• de Modular, corp.
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »
We had our formal in March - a cruise on a boat which departed from Docklands.
Many guys had suits with skinny ties, or had vests on. The strapless knee length dress was the popular choice for girls.
Haha, "I'm wearing my brother's suit. I'll choose one a couple of hours before the event." I go to an all girls school and majority of the girls were fretting about their dresses since last year, and they didn't stop until the day of the formal. Luckily our formal was near the beginning school year.
Quote from:  wah wah
FACEBOOK

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 06:45:13 pm »
Yay, our formal is tomorrow! I have the WORST fake tan imaginable :P When I put it on, it has sprinkles, but ultimately, it makes my skin look orange, which isn't a very pleasant shade of skin colour when you think about it.  ;D