Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 02:58:31 pm

Author Topic: IB Results?  (Read 1857 times)  Share 

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
IB Results?
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:26:11 pm »
-i was just wondering..
since us vcers have our results published in the newspaper and people create things like http://www.quppa.net/studyscores/
(if we get above 40)
does IB have their results released anywhere? is it possible to find out what scores people got in IB (/45)
i'm really curious!! thanks(:
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

appianway

Re: IB Results?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:40:13 pm »
I don't think they're published in any mainstream Australian media. They're also released a lot later, and a much smaller number of people take IB in Australia.

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:59:07 pm »
All I know is that PLC got four 45s last year.  Otherwise, I don't think enough people care about IB to make a results table for it.  :p
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:52:34 pm »
All I know is that PLC got four 45s last year.  Otherwise, I don't think enough people care about IB to make a results table for it.  :p

haha, yeah i think this is true. because only like 7000 do it each year in the world, and like a few hundred of those are from victoria.wesley got five 45s last year.

i know the average score for IB'ers in the world is like 30~31 which is about 85 TER haha. and just under 1% of the people who do it get 99.95 >< pretty crazy.

damm. i guess i will just have to ask people myself i want to know >_>
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »
You can find a conversion table somewhere on the VTAC website.

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:31 pm »
Is IB easier than VCE?

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 12:40:36 am »
No.  At Higher Level, everything in IB is harder than the equivalent in the VCE syllabus.  Higher Level IB Maths is basically Uni Maths+Spesh.  Higher Level English is basically some kind of bizarre combination between Classics and Literature with more rigorous marking.  The only "easy" part is that the scaling is relatively good, since 40/45 in IB becomes 99 in ENTER.  You also have to do a hell of a lot more assignments/self-study.
---

Finished VCE in 2010 and now teaching professionally. For any inquiries, email me at [email protected].

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 01:01:54 am »
No.  At Higher Level, everything in IB is harder than the equivalent in the VCE syllabus.  Higher Level IB Maths is basically Uni Maths+Spesh.  Higher Level English is basically some kind of bizarre combination between Classics and Literature with more rigorous marking.  The only "easy" part is that the scaling is relatively good, since 40/45 in IB becomes 99 in ENTER.  You also have to do a hell of a lot more assignments/self-study.
Sounds hard lol

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:05 am »
yeah it is definitely harder, but it's quite easy (with hard work) to do really well.
for example in HL Psych, to get a 7 (top marks, equivalent to a 50) pretty much all is needed is a 62% on the exam (which covers the whole two years of work but still. very generous)

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 11:30:09 am »
Huh? So...its hard but lenient?

EvangelionZeta

• Quintessence of Dust
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 12:06:28 pm »
Basically it's more lenient in that to get full marks you only need to be the equivalent of say 45+ in VCE, as opposed to the equivalent of 50.  To get those full marks (7s), you still need to be pretty freaking pro.
---

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 12:32:13 pm »
if you study hard, it's much easier to get a 7 than to get 45+ in vce, due to most sevens being in the 65~85% range. and its very difficult for some to get a 7 in a LOTE, english, math, science, humanaties and art/other subject. so if your an all rounder its not too hard, but thats rare:| but in IB there are all the extra stuff you need to do, CAS hours, EE, TOK, and having barely no spares in year 12. its A LOT of work but v.rewarding:)