Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 15, 2024, 08:53:49 pm

Author Topic: Excuse fail  (Read 659 times)  Share 

MuggedByReality

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
Excuse fail
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:12:42 am »
     Beach volleyball team complains bikini girls put them off

"Yemen’s team claimed the girls’ routines upset their game, triggering their defeat by Indonesia.

‘They had an effect on how we played,’ said team member Adeeb Mahfoudh. ‘I think they had something to do with our losing the match.’

He added: ‘These girls are very beautiful. With them here, more people will pay attention to beach volleyball. If I can, I hope to watch them perform at the next match.’

Organisers of the games in China hired four cheerleader squads, of eight girls each, to entertain fans during breaks in the action."

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/847581-beach-volleyball-team-complains-bikini-girls-put-them-off
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:50:12 am by combob »
"People living deeply have no fear of death"
                                      -Anais Nin

"In the 2nd grade, they asked us what we wanted to be. I said I wanted to be a ballplayer and they laughed. In the 8th grade they asked the same question and I said a ballplayer again and they laughed a little more. By the 11th grade no one was laughing."
  -Johnny Bench, Hall of Fame baseball player

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: Excuse fail
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »
lol! Is Yemen deprived of bikins?  ;)

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
Re: Excuse fail
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:45 pm »
HAHA.

If the Yemen team were professional about it, they should just accept the defeat for what it was - not make up some lame excuse. It was a pretty poor excuse... something as petty as that.

It's a bit ironic that the team member said ‘I think they had something to do with our losing the match.’ - yet, then the team member goes 'If I can, I hope to watch them perform at the next match.’