Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 02:23:19 pm

Author Topic: Media Exams  (Read 6519 times)  Share 

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
Re: Media Exams
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »
Cannot wait till this is over. I'm positive there will be a censorship question purely because: 1. i dont think they've ever asked it, and 2. many will forget to study for it.

Was a bit annoyed that my teacher decided to mark my praccy so harshly, got 38 out of 61 and was docked marks for petty things which is frustrating.

Regardless, i'll have 6 days between aus history and media so i should get a good score. good luck guys
WHAT THE HELL IS CENSORSHIP!

Everyone is predicting it? You're about the third person. Is it just another word for media regulation? If so, then that's okay. But if not, where the hell is it in the textbook!
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

sc92

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »
sorry that's just me confusing two different subjects. vce does that to you i guess. yes i meant regulation. like: G, PG M, MA +15 etc, sorry!

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »
sorry that's just me confusing two different subjects. vce does that to you i guess. yes i meant regulation. like: G, PG M, MA +15 etc, sorry!
oh ok. I getcha. Everyone has been saying "censorship", so I was kinda confused. Yes, I agree. Regulation will probably come up. It has come up in the past too though.

qwe123

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 06:23:59 pm »
American Beauty is my favourite movie. Have a bit of media text envy.

coolwhip

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • oh hey ;P
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 10:12:58 pm »
scream, good movie, except it was kind of too satirical to the point that it wasn't scary.
speaking of which, watched scary movie the other night, now that was just lols. "WAZZAAAAAAAAAA!" best!

i'd still maj watching a whole season specially if it's some shitty 70s crap.
i watched stepford wives today and the only thing keeping me from falling asleep were the hottie housewives.

American Beauty is amazing, thoroughly recommend it. the guy who wrote it Alan Ball, went on to create tv shows six feet under and true blood. two rediculously awesome shows.

that censorship stuff is fair easy, just talk about a banned video game or fubar movie like 120 days of sodom or something.

shilayli, also noticed you applied to VCA

i hope you get in man, very competitive course.
i'm gonna apply for it next year.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:14:53 pm by coolwhip »
2009: Legal (35)
2010: AIMS -  English (37+), Further (42+), Media (43+), Psychology (35+), Italian (30+)

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 11:59:41 pm »
scream, good movie, except it was kind of too satirical to the point that it wasn't scary.
speaking of which, watched scary movie the other night, now that was just lols. "WAZZAAAAAAAAAA!" best!

i'd still maj watching a whole season specially if it's some shitty 70s crap.
i watched stepford wives today and the only thing keeping me from falling asleep were the hottie housewives.

American Beauty is amazing, thoroughly recommend it. the guy who wrote it Alan Ball, went on to create tv shows six feet under and true blood. two rediculously awesome shows.

that censorship stuff is fair easy, just talk about a banned video game or fubar movie like 120 days of sodom or something.

shilayli, also noticed you applied to VCA

i hope you get in man, very competitive course.
i'm gonna apply for it next year.
Haha well biomed is first so who knows. I doubt I'll be going to the VCA. I've put the medical side first. I can do media later I guess, while if I do media first and change my mind, medical would be MUCH harder to get into later on. So yer, the chances of me going to VCA are basically .0000001% atm haha. Also as you said, it's so competitive and I didn't really put much effort into my application because I was doing other year 12 stuff! I mean, I can apply to go there when I'm older.. Well I hope you get in for 2012! Who knows, if I loathe biomed I might try and be there too haha.

Yer it's kinda funny, scream, that's why I always use the opening sequence because it's actually suspenseful and made to be scary and not funny at all. I'll definitely watch american beauty after next monday then haha :D

Bewitched = torture. I only can endure it by bagging it whenever I watch it. Literally there's this one bit where Sam sees Darrin coming for breakfast and she hadn't made anything so she uses her powers to make a full breakfast appear and then the canned laughter comes on really loud. I'm like HOW IS THAT FUNNY?!?! It's so stupid. They're not even jokes. It's just them doing things and then the canned laughter is just played throughout. Pathetic show. But good for social values so I like it in a way :)

bigcat

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: CCB
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 11:25:29 pm »
Another media dude!! haha :) there are a few of us around!!

I am doing Titanic and Forest Gump for Narrative and Hard Days Night; A Story About The Beatles for social.
I think your right though about talking about censorship, it is an easy one to cover this year.