Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 07:11:08 pm

Author Topic: VTAC OFFERS 2012  (Read 1568 times)  Share 

ashleigh93

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: st monicas
VTAC OFFERS 2012
« on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:37 pm »
I will be in bali when the Uni offers come out, and was wondering how do I enrol into my course since i will not be in Australia.
Please help :)

Deank

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: VTAC OFFERS 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »
+1
I will be in bali when the Uni offers come out, and was wondering how do I enrol into my course since i will not be in Australia.
Please help :)

Q: I will be overseas during this time.  How do I accept my offer?
A: Firstly, accepting your offer and enrolling can be considered two different things.  If you are overseas, make sure you have someone to receive your enrolment package when it arrives.  You can accept your offer anywhere in the world so long as you have access to the Internet.  Once you've accepted your offer before the due date, then you're fine.  Depending on your course and your institution, you may be required to attend an "enrolment session" or similar.  This requires you to be in person to finalise your enrolment and perhaps take a picture for your ID, etc.  They say this is "compulsory" but if it's uni, you'll quickly learn that not many things (you could say nothing) at uni is compulsory.  If you're concerned about these types of sessions, perhaps call the institution and make alternative arrangements with them.

Q: If I am overseas, can't I just send a proxy to enrol on my behalf?
A: You will have to check with the institution.  Yes, you may have applied for a proxy during your VTAC application but rather strangely, it is a separate process from getting a proxy to enrol for you at an institution.  I know that in 2010 (unless it has been changed since) the University of Melbourne would not allow proxies to enrol on your behalf due to strict privacy laws that they were following.  However, La Trobe University did allow proxies in 2010 (provided rules have not been changed since).

^ Quoted from Topic: First Round Offers 2012 Info & FAQ by Gloamglozer
shoved my thumb up my grandma's cat's butthole when I was 8..

...seemed funny at the time kk? :(

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
  • Respect: +324
Re: VTAC OFFERS 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:09:01 pm »
Here's the link if you want to find out more: First Round Offers 2012 Info & FAQ

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research