Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 05, 2024, 11:03:49 am

Author Topic: SUGGESTED ANSWERS!  (Read 7484 times)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Re: SUGGESTED ANSWERS!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »
I only described cross activation but didn't actually say the theory. Hopefully i get two lenient-ass examiners lol.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

aiesana

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »
Holy crap I certainly did better than expected (especially for the multiple choice)

For question 10 about the state-dependent cue, do you think I'd get the marks if I said something like... Since actors turn into their characters on stage, Theo could train himself to feel how the character he's acting as (in the play), and then try to replicate that emotion while he's performing on stage. For example, if the scene is sad, he'll get into that 'state' (sad) and therefore will more likely remember his lines.

(Worded better on the exam, haha)

For question 35 on the multiple-choice, I still thought it was possible to use narrative chaining as nonsense syllables could've been "elaborated" on. I mean the story doesn't have to make complete sense, haha. Oh well.

ktrah

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 05:18:08 pm »
If you mentioned state-dependent cues along with that example I think it would be okay. Haha mm I can't see how making a story out of nonsense syllables would be very helpful (there would be interference between all the syllables for a start).

aiesana

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »
Ah, well I tried not to over-think the questions because I tend to do that a lot.  I just went with the most basic answer that I thought most people would put down, regardless of whether or not it was right.

(Question 35) During the exam, I eliminated the supposedly 'correct' answer because I misinterpreted the question. I forgot that extending the period of time of learning the content doesn't affect the rate of forgetting, but does affect the amount of information retained. Oops. :P

By the way, thanks for this!

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 10:45:49 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm the writer of the Connect Ed psych solutions, I thought I'd leave a comment regarding a few queries I've been getting from various students to help put people's minds at ease!

There seems to be a lot of debate around Question 6 of Section A, in response to this, I decided to email one of my psychology lecturers who is a leading sleep researcher. He has conducted a number of sleep deprivation studies, so I think his opinion is very valuable.

His response:
"In the context of the question you sent, the answer would be C, given that the people could go back to sleep straight away and they were only woken every hour. It wouldn’t particularly affect REM given that the REM – NREM cycle is about 90minutes. Indeed I’d suggest that you might not even see any effects even after seven nights of this, but for their purposes it would be C."

It'll be interesting to see what VCAA allows, there's still a slight chance option D might be correct, although I still personally believe option C is the one they'll accept.

Also, for question 3b if you discussed EEG that is also acceptable IMO, however, this technique is slightly more difficult to discuss in regards to the case study, which is why I didn't include them in the solutions. Although if you've justified them properly you'll be fine.

Hope everyone gained something from looking at the solutions and I hope to see you all at the Unit 4 lecture so you can smash the end of year exam too! :)
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 12:18:24 am »
Well on behalf of everyone else that chose to torture themselves - thanks very much for your answers :) and thanks for the clarification as well!
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 01:01:07 am »
Well on behalf of everyone else that chose to torture themselves - thanks very much for your answers :) and thanks for the clarification as well!
You're welcome mate! By the looks of your posts I think you would have done very well on the exam too! :)
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

ihadadream

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:27:30 am »
Sigh i lost 5 marks  >:(