Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 06:55:26 am

Author Topic: 306-107 Accounting Reports and Analysis  (Read 2872 times)  Share 

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
  • Respect: +7
306-107 Accounting Reports and Analysis
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:01:31 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm doing this subject for breadth this semester, and i was just wondering whether it is possible to attend lectures from different streams. For example, go to lecture 1 from stream 1 and lecture 2 from stream 2.

Cheers
2007-08 VCE - Accounting, Texts & Traditions, Methods, Chem, Physics, Lit

2011 Bachelor of Biomedicine (Completed) @ The University of Melbourne
2012 Doctor of Medicine (Second Year) @ The University of Melbourne

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Re: 306-107 Accounting Reports and Analysis
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:31:07 pm »
Don't know if you'd technically be able to work it into your timetable because I think most of (if not all) the lectures are in doubles, so you can't swap just one of them. However, nothing is stopping you from going to whichever lectures you like so I don't think it should be a problem at all.
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:47:01 pm »
Yeah that's what i meant. Didn't think you would be able to actually swap it on the timetable, but yeah i was just wondering whether the two streams travel at roughly the same pace.

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »
Yeah they run at very similar paces. Obviously just make sure you go to Lecture 1 then Lecture 2 during the week and you'll be fine. Another thing to consider is the streams will probably have different lecturers if it's like last semester which teach a little differently, so as long as you're cool with that go for it.
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:56:56 pm »
Yeah i'm fine with that. I did it for a subject last semester where i had three different lecturers a week and i coped fine. Also, i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for the subject? I did, unit 3 and 4 accounting in year 11, is their many similarities?

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:11:11 pm »
As ReVeL said, they go at a similar pace. I remember going to 2pm on Tues and then Thursday 11am on Thurs and not missing out on anything. They're not separated like they are in Intro Micro, but it should be fine. 9am Tue/Thu and Wednesday lectures were run by Costa, and the rest were by Greg, I think (not too sure, since I only saw Greg, unfortunately).

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 08:58:25 am »
Oh ok cool. How did you find the subject overall? Any advice from anyone?

ice_blockie

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:45 am »
Costa is the better lecturer - although he goes a lot faster than Greg - but that's because Greg spends time talking about crap. Make sure you do ALL your tutorial homework each week. There is heaps of it compared to other commerce subjects, especially as the exams come, tutorial homework takes around minimum 2 hours to complete grrr. (well for me it did).

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:53:33 am »
Do what I didn't.

Go see Costa. I don't know how it happened, but Greg either bored me to death, or scared me to death. If anybody yells 'HINT HINT' in my ear again, I will punch them in the face.

Do the work. Even though your tutor might not give a shit, it really bites you in the ass if you don't do it come exam time.

You've done accounting before, so if you remember it, it should be okay. I knew somebody who would go to the Tuesday lecture, and if they found it boring, would skip Thursdays. There was somebody else who skipped all of them entirely. Both had done accounting in year 12 and they both did well. Then again, they might just be smart, lol.

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:28 am »
Yeah i'm fine with that. I did it for a subject last semester where i had three different lecturers a week and i coped fine. Also, i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for the subject? I did, unit 3 and 4 accounting in year 11, is their many similarities?

I definately agree that you should do all the tutorial homework. It's easy to think "nah cbf it doesn't matter" because instead of being given it you have to get it off the LMS unlike most other subjects, which is abit of extra effort that can sometimes put people off. However as champorado said they're really helpful at building and consolidating skills which you may or may not already have.

As far as comparisons to VCE accounting, I didn't do it in VCE so I can't comment first hand. However, a friend who did do it said alot of it is very similar, with afew things added on.

So yeah, if possible go to Costa's lectures which are much more stimulating that Cuzack's in my opinion.

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:53 am »
As far as comparisons to VCE accounting, I didn't do it in VCE so I can't comment first hand. However, a friend who did do it said alot of it is very similar, with afew things added on.

This is fact. ARA is very, very similar to VCE Accounting, however what we learned in months in VCE, you have to learn in weeks. So, most students find it a challenge.
I personally stopped going to lectures, but always did my tute work and did quite well :P

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 02:07:21 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the advice guys!!!   :D