Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 17, 2024, 01:39:32 am

Author Topic: sac help?  (Read 698 times)  Share 

kaiipoo_

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Westall Secondary College 420blazeit
  • School Grad Year: 2013
sac help?
« on: May 20, 2013, 06:30:36 pm »
Hi guys.

So i have a SAC on U3: AOS2: Electronics and Photonics
and it's basically a multimedia presentation, in which i have to present a circuit, explain the theory behind it (changing variables) and it's main function + purpose.

My teacher has encouraged my class to look all around the web and find an appropriate circuit (provided we acknowledge sources and give credits ofc)

However i havn't really found any simple enough to lie within in the scope of the year 12 course, and thats what i need help with.

Could somebody give me any ideas or link me to any relevant web pages ? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!
2013 ATAR: 95.75

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
Re: sac help?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 06:45:15 pm »
However i havn't really found any simple enough to lie within in the scope of the year 12 course, and thats what i need help with.

Could somebody give me any ideas or link me to any relevant web pages ? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Hmmm, you could just make your own. However, this does bring back childhood memories of Dick Smiths Funway kits, where you make electronic circuits (I had an awesome childhood I know :) )

Heres just a site I got from google, http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/australian-electronics-nostalgia-funway-kits/

If you're really interested, I can have a look around and maybe find some circuit diagrams
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0

kaiipoo_

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: -1
  • School: Westall Secondary College 420blazeit
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
that'd be awesome bro haha cheers !

I was thinking of making my own, but i have no idea what kind of circuits would be considered too simple or too complex.

I was thinking of having a thermistor voltage dividing circuit used to control something like, an air conditioner or coolroom?
2013 ATAR: 95.75

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 11:20:59 pm »
that'd be awesome bro haha cheers !

I was thinking of making my own, but i have no idea what kind of circuits would be considered too simple or too complex.

I was thinking of having a thermistor voltage dividing circuit used to control something like, an air conditioner or coolroom?

Sorry mate.. Had a look round everywhere. Not much on the net on Funway kits, and every circuit except the first one (led + resistor + battery) required a transistor or capacitor or other electrical components not in the physics 3/4 course.

Any sort of voltage divider would work fine for your purposes I think :). Worst comes to worst just go steal some diagrams from VCAA haha. At least your teacher can't complain about those circuits!

Good luck with it :)
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0