Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 16, 2024, 02:12:41 pm

Author Topic: Access Melbourne (SEAS)  (Read 1197 times)  Share 

abcdqdxD

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +57
Access Melbourne (SEAS)
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:12:33 am »
Hi,

Just a couple of questions about the Access Melbourne program.

I'm applying for category 4 (financial disadvantage). The checklist is visible here: http://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/access_melbourne_and_equity_programs/access-melbourne/eligibility-criteria

1) Assuming I am eligible through Family Tax Benefit A (and satisfy all the other requirements), is it reasonable to assume that my SEAS application will definitely be accepted for guaranteed entry?

2) Is it possible to find out whether my SEAS application has been accepted prior to first round offers if I contact unimelb?

Cheers

Ballerina

• well butter my bottom and call me a biscuit
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Riefe Sie dr Polizei!
  • Respect: +169
  • School: University of Melbourne
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Access Melbourne (SEAS)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:04 pm »
1) Yes! You qualify for the financial disadvantage category under the guaranteed entry pathway. If your paperwork is fine, you've provided your CRN correctly etc, everything is kosher.

If you contact the Science Student Centre and tell them your ATAR was ≧78, have a disadvantaged financial background using Family Tax Benefit A, have completed Year 12 in 2013 and have a qualifying preference on your list, they will just tell you that you according to the information you have provided, you will have been accepted and that you should be a happy cookie! My friend who works there said they receive many queries confirming this information as understandably, many don't believe it's that easy, haha.

abcdqdxD

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +57
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:28:46 pm »
1) Yes! You qualify for the financial disadvantage category under the guaranteed entry pathway. If your paperwork is fine, you've provided your CRN correctly etc, everything is kosher.

If you contact the Science Student Centre and tell them your ATAR was ≧78, have a disadvantaged financial background using Family Tax Benefit A, have completed Year 12 in 2013 and have a qualifying preference on your list, they will just tell you that you according to the information you have provided, you will have been accepted and that you should be a happy cookie! My friend who works there said they receive many queries confirming this information as understandably, many don't believe it's that easy, haha.

Hmm I'm just a bit skeptical because I would've thought there would be quite a lot of people who qualify for SEAS guaranteed categories and get around 88 ATAR (in the case for B.Com) but places are limited. But thanks for clearing that up!

Ballerina

• well butter my bottom and call me a biscuit
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Riefe Sie dr Polizei!
  • Respect: +169
  • School: University of Melbourne
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »
Yeah, a great deal of students are accepted from below Clearly In. For my degree, ~27% of those in the degree for the first semester, first year were accepted below the CI into the BSc last year. Which doesn't even include those from Trinity Foundation Studies i.e. international students on exchange.

And congratulations on your results!!